Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat: On The Road Again! Whether you are packing for a week long vacation at Disney, or need to grab some snacks on the way to a weekend away we’ve got you covered. Packing snacks for the road, stopping by the convenience store on the way or stocking up once you arrive…let’s talk about Smart Point Friendly picks for your next trip!
These are the transcriptions from tonight’s chat about WW Desserts with Smart Points listed. As always these are available on Facebook, YouTube and on my blog www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
- First things first, these are LIVE video chats when they are recorded so yes, I talk to people when they ask questions!
- When I say “convenience stores” I mean gas stations, truck stops, or rest stops that have food markets (examples: Weigels, Pilot, Travel America, Wawa’s, Casey’s, Love’s, etc)
- Save sturdy containers from margarine, whipped topping, etc to pack in! Great to keep your food from getting crushed, who cares if you lose them, hand the snacks to the kids in the back, use them to dig in the sand, collect shells or bring home lizards from the trip! (poke holes in it if you’re transporting lizards across state lines hahaha)
- Pick up utensils whenever you are out and save them…I have a gallon size zip lock bag so we are never out
- Be prepared with some items you can take with you if possible!
- If you are a coffee drinker and have trouble staying out of the doughnuts or other goodies…take something for your iced coffee that is low points. Starbucks Double Espresso in a Venti Cup with ice + Premier Protein carton (any flavor) = 2 Smart Points. The Premiere Protein cartons do not have to be refrigerated. I but these at Kroger, Publix, Walmart, etc
- Even for a short trip I pack a tote bag or backpack. For a longer trip I use a laundry basket or a fruit/veggie cardboard flat from Costco
- Always pack some kind of snack bar. No matter how long or short the trip. I always have one in my purse. Kind Bars are 4-5 SP and crumble nicely to go in yogurt, on an apple or banana. Quest Bars are 4-5 SP and keep well in a purse, backpack, not very melty when they get warm, even squished in the bottom of your purse they are still delicious. NuGo Slim bars are like dessert! Keep them cool though, they are made with real chocolate and will melt. If you order on-online nugonutrition.com use our discount code WEIGHT15 for a 15% discount at checkout.
- Olives to Go! 3-5 SP per container – I find these at Kroger, Publix, Food City, Ingles
- Always take sturdy fruit that is easy to open, doesn’t have to be refrigerated, won’t get beat up too bad in a backpack or tote bag! Bananas, tangelos, clementines, or grapes in one of the containers I listed above
- Skinny Pop Popcorn (or similar) cakes packed individually (or two): 2 SP for two cakes – I have only found them at Ingles so far here in Knoxville
- Nutella To Go cups: 4 SP per little cup (great for portion control and for little hands, don’t need refrigeration but don’t get them too warm – Kroger, Publix, Walmart, etc
- Please remember to Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe so I can keep making more of these Chats and easy recipe videos!
- Hardboiled Eggs (whether you made them or bought them): 2 SP each – I buy these and pack to travel (have to be refrigerated) in a cooler or for the camper fridge or the hotel fridge. I buy these at Kroger, Publix and Trader Joes
- Clancy’s Pretzel Slims (Aldi), Trader Joe’s Pretzel Slims (Trader Joe’s), Pretzel Thins: 1 oz or about 20 pretzels = 3 SP. I get these at Aldi, Trader Joes or any major grocery chain
- Side note! I was thinking about how to have a Bingo or Scavenger Hunt game because I love my games! You all could make up your own cards with words you think I’m going to say and you could mark off your squares to play?
- Sorry I scared some of you…you DO NOT HAVE to refrigerate your Bragg Nutritional Yeast. I do put in the fridge because our cabinets stay so warm. Keep it in a cool dark place
- Aldi (or similar) Guacamole Cup need refrigeration: 4SP per little cup
- Great ideas for travel but what great ideas for field trips, field day and little school trips!
- Bumble Bee (or similar) flavored tuna packets: 1-3 SP – no refrigeration needed. Eat them straight out of the bag…they are ready to go!
- Packed to go: Clear packaging so the grabby hands security people can see what you have without squishing everything. Gallon size zipper bag with 2 Josephs Pitas (1 SP each), 2 bananas (0 SP), 1 JIF To Go cup (4 SP for half), utensils. Turn your backpack around on your front and use it like a table. Make two PB & Banana “sandwiches” while you wait in line…trust me everyone in line with you will be jealous at how smart you are!
- Packed to go: tiny sturdy container for cooler or mini fridge 2 hardboiled eggs + 1 Tbsp crumbled bacon = 5 SP
- Packed to go: large sturdy container no need for fridge 2 Skinny Pop Popcorn Cakes + 1 Jif To Go + 1 Nutella To Go + unsweetened applesauce = 2 servings / 7 SP each serving
- Packed to go: large sturdy container no need for fridge 1 oz (approx. 20) Pretzel Crisps 3 SP + 1 flavored tuna pack 1-2SP + unsweetened fruit cup (drain juice) = 4 to 5 SP
- Sometimes you are just going to eat out or at the hotel:
- Most hotels have hardboiled eggs (2 SP), tiny peanut butter cups ½ oz (3 SP), apples or bananas, instant oatmeal add applesauce (4 SP), piece of light bread toasted (1SP), dry Cheerios approx 1 cup (4SP) no giant waffle machines!
- Taco Bell Doritos Locos Taco (no sour cream), 5 SP + piece of fruit
- Wendy’s Small Chili with 1 of their light sour cream packets 5 SP + fruit
- Chick-Fil-A Grilled Nuggets 12 nuggets (3 SP) and a fruit cup
- Chick-Fil-A Egg White Grill (8 SP)
- Panera lots of choices and all on the WW app! I get ½ medium veggie sandwich and 1 cup Black Bean soup (11 SP)
- McDonald’s Egg White Delight (8 SP)
- Cracker Barrel…please note ALL THE VEGGIES HAVE POINTS so look everything up on your WW app. I get grilled tenderloins, green beans and brown rice (11 SP)
- Convenience Store Finds!
- Oh Snap! Pickling Company Pickled Veggies (all) 0 to 1 SP (must be refrigerated)
- Hardboiled Eggs 2 SP
- Sabra Hummus with Pretzels 8 SP (must be refrigerated)
- Jack Link’s All American Beef & Cheese 5 SP (must be refrigerated)
- P3 Portable Protein Pack Chicken Peanuts & Cheddar 5 SP (must be refrigerated)
- Jack Link’s Original Turkey Strip 4 SP no refrigeration needed…great backpack item!
- Peanut Butter Crackers 6 to 7 SP
- Sweet type snack bars 5 to 8 SP (please scan them!)
- The NuGo Slim are 5 SP…I accidentally said 4 because I was hurrying…they are FIVE
- Chester’s Puffcorn, 42 for 5 SP – be sure and count out into one of the sturdy containers and then pass the bag J
- LifeSavers 2 pieces only 1 SP!
- Mentos Fruity or Mint 2 pieces only 1 SP! There is a new one like chocolate caramel maybe? Is more SP, scan them
- Werthers Original Caramels 3 pieces for 3SP
****Don’t forget…if you want to see more helpful Live Chats and easy WW Recipe videos be sure to Like, Share, Subscribe and Comment!****
Thank you again, this is my happy relaxing time with you guys each week. To find more, see the other chats or my recipes and remember to visit me:
*On Facebook on the If You Have an Egg Page or in my group
*My blog: www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*On my app: available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*Pinterest: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*YouTube: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
See you next week!
For easy access On The Go check out my App: