Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat: Summer Parties! No Summer Bummers for us this year…we are going to rock those cookouts, beach cookouts, holiday parties and more.
These are the transcriptions from tonight’s chat about WW Summer Parties with Smart Points listed. As always these are available on Facebook, YouTube and on my blog www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
- First things first, these are LIVE video chats when they are recorded so yes, I talk to people when they ask questions!
- Please remember to Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube so I can keep making more of these Chats and easy recipe videos!
- Side note! I was thinking about how to have a Bingo or Scavenger Hunt game because I love my games! You all could make up your own cards with words you think I’m going to say and you could mark off your squares to play?
- My husband had his first week on Weight Watchers with Kelly (4 days with me, 3 days on the road) and he lost….drum roll…4 pounds! Good job John!
- No Bummer of a Summer for us this year gals (and guys!)
- Use your tools:
- I volunteer to serve food…it’s hard to eat when you’re putting stuff on other’s plates. Plus you can decide what you really want when it’s your turn.
- ALWAYS TRACK!
- For the wedding we attended yesterday we had no control. So we had a light breakfast, smart lunch and luckily they had lean pork, chicken and green beans sooooo I used and counted 30 Smart Points for the amazing wedding cake J
- Know the points if possible BEFORE you go! Check out the test results from our quiz later…shocking info on at least one of these common cook out staples
- I use an ice cream scoop for many things that is ¼ cup. I also have 2 serving spoons from WW that are ½ cup each. No one is the wiser when I use them, they never suspect I’m measuring!
- Eat before you go if you can. If it’s a buffet go down the line and look first, then go last in line.
- Volunteer to bring a dish, or two. Help cook. See what I bring later in the video and transcript!
- Don’t be afraid to take things that are better choices! If these people invited you to a party they probably love you. Heck, they at least like you.
- Better choices you can take and even serve to the Civilians. They will never know. They may even enjoy these J
- Various versions of popped chips: Lays Poppables, Chester Cheese Puffs, Cheetos Simply Puffed, Popchips (4 to 5 SP)
- Sandwich Thins (3 SP) take the potato roll kind, I promise other people will want to share
- Low carb tortillas or FlatOuts (1 to 3 SP)
- Dessert Shells (4 SP) these are great filled with fruit, pudding, even just fat free whipped topping. Great single serve item and kids love them
- Any kind of fruit
- If the grill master will let you add to the grill take these instead of the fatty brats and burgers.
- Johnsonville Turkey Smoked Sausages (3 SP)
- Trader Joe’s any type Chicken Sausages (3 – 4SP)
- Eckrich Turkey Smoked Sausage or other kielbalsa type (4 – 5 SP per 2 oz) these are GREAT for kabobs
- Back to our test…lowest to highest Smart Points….are you ready?j
- Medium Corn on the Cob = 4 SP (great on the grill and this Candy Corn recipe is the bomb with fresh ground bread dipping seasoning or Dak’s Original Red seasoning, find the recipe here Candy Corn Recipe)
- Baked Beans ½ cup = 5 SP
- 28 Lays Poppables = 5 SP
- Potato Salad ½ cup = 6 SP
- Creamy Coleslaw ½ cup = 7 SP
- Macaroni Salad ½ cup = 10 SP (no thank you!)
- Sorry about hubby talking in the background…duty calls.
- Fruit Water! Slice up some of your favorite fruits like oranges, limes, lemons, strawberries, blackberries, etc no need for sweeteners. We served this at Casey’s wedding and it was the most popular drink. Cucumber water is also delicious and refreshing especially on a hot summer day see the easy recipe idea here Cucumber Water 0 Smart Points . Or some sparkling water in fun cups with a wedge of citrus or strawberry on the rim…how fun!
- Pineapple Salsa is always a hit and so easy. Great on grilled chicken, grilled fish, on tortilla chips, yum yum yum. See the super easy recipe here Pineapple Salsa
- Veggies & Dip in a cup, we did these at Casey’s wedding and every single one was eaten…the civilians loved them so much we ran out! These two were veggies with 2 Tbsp Hannah’s Tzatziki for 2 SP, or veggies with 2 Tbsp Hummus for 2 SP. And the little cucumbers are called Persian Cucumbers
- Fun fruit bowls! I cut individual small watermelons (you know, the little ones) in half, barely square off the bottom, cut out the center in chunks and then add back in mixed fruit. Put some fat free whipped topping on top and have a HUGE 1 SP treat
- Fruit kabobs on wooden skewers, super cute served on a tray. Pair with some kind of WW fruit dip. Mine was 6 Tbsp fat free whipped topping, 1 Tbsp Quest Salted Caramel Protein Power, 1 tsp sugar free caramel syrup, 1 tsp dark chocolate cocoa = 2 SP
- Swap Out Idea! 1 hot dog + 1 regular bun + 2 Tbsp chili = 14 SP / 1 Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage + 1 TJ Low Carb Tortilla or a FlatOut + Sauerkraut + Beer Mustard = 6 SP buh-bam! You could have two of these babies while the civilians are having one little puny dog…aww so sad for them
- Swap Out Idea! 1 full blown cook out hamburger with cheese and the fixings can be as high as 30 SP *gasp* / instead use turkey burgers (4 SP), veggie burgers (4 SP) oooooor my Portabella Burger: 1 portabella mushroom cap (remove the gills) + 2 oz Bel Giosio Snacking Cheese + Potato Bread Sandwich Thin + 1 Tbsp guacamole (grill like a medium rare burger, or you can cook it in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes on 360)
- All cookouts, family reunions, covered dishes with the Baptist and Lutheran women (check the rules hahaha!) call for Deviled Eggs! Check out these three ways to please any guest:
- Guacamole Deviled Egg = Hardboiled egg + 1 Tbsp guacamole + a dab of my Pineapple Salsa = 3 SP for both
- Spicy Palmetto Deviled Egg = 1 Hardboiled Egg + ½ Tbsp Palmetto Cheese + diced jalapenos = 4 SP for both or 2 SP for one
- Bacon Horseradish Deviled Egg = 1 Hardboiled Egg + ½ Tbsp Inglehoffer Cream Style Horseradish + torn baby spinach + ½ Tbsp Kirkland Crumbled Bacon = 3 SP for both or 1 SP for one (sorry for chewing…but this one was uh-mazing!!)
Thank you again, this is my happy relaxing time with you guys each week. To find more, see the other chats or my recipes and remember to visit me:
*On Facebook on the If You Have an Egg Page or in my group
*My blog: www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*On my app: available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*Pinterest: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*YouTube: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
See you next week!