All my friends were in the Air Fryer Club. I wanted to be in the club. Why shouldn’t I be? It’s a fun club. And it’s not illegal, immoral OR fattening…seriously!
All of the transcripts for tonight’s Facebook Live! Weight Watchers Air Fryer Chat will be up by tomorrow night but for now, if you missed it you can watch it again here. Stay tuned, there are several new recipes with this one!
If you missed the Live! version of our Air Fryer Chat you can always catch it here. Transcripts will be up here, on YouTube and on www.ifyouhaveanegg.com as soon as possible…not tonight though, I’m still suffering through that very traumatic loss of an hour’s sleep last night hahaha!
- I have a Power Air Fryer XL 5.3 quart. My husband ordered it online but you can also purchase them at Bed Bath & Beyond (take a coupon!)
- Check out your idea book that comes with your fryer for some beginner tips. You will adjust as you practice…and play!
- Mine has a copper basket that is super easy to clean and has a divider in case you want to cook two things at the same time. When I hand wash I use two drops of blue Dawn dish detergent in a cool whip container with warm water
- DON’T TOUCH THE RED BUTTON until you are ready to separate the basket from the holder
- I will be referring to my Air Fryer as AF from now on in this transcript!
- Air Fried Corn (4SP for a medium ear):
- Corn on the cob
- Seasoning of choice
- spray one corn on the cob with non stick spray, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning (I used my Dean Jacobs and some Bragg Nutritional Yeast), put in AF basket 8 minutes on 360 degrees. Turn halfway through
- Again….like every week…The Bragg Nutritional Yeast is 1 Tbsp = 0 SP and sooo yummy. It tastes like parmesan and Panko had a baby! #pankoandparmesanhadababy
- Dean Jacobs Bread Dipping Seasoning is a dry blend for 0 SP. I buy it in Gatlinburg, TN at a sauce store (All Sauced Up) but you can also order it online
- Yes you can open the basket on the Power Air Fryer XL while it is cooking to check your food, shake, turn, and then it will start right back where you left it
- Bragg Liquid Aminos is a substitute for soy sauce and has an unusual smoky flavor that I can’t explain…but it’s better for you than soy sauce
- Air Fryer Fiesta Potatoes (2SP for 1/4 cup):
- 1 cup new potatoes
- 1 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch Fiesta powder
- Non stick spray
- slice potatoes into three or four slices per potato. Lightly spray with non stick spray and sprinkle evenly with the powder. Put in AF basket on 180 for 10 minutes. Shake and flip. AF on 180 for 15 more minutes. These will be more like roasted potatoes, not french fries.
- Off Topic! we will talk about Pizzelle cookies made into Cannoli…we will definitely make those one day on here!
- Tip: I shake AND flip my fries half way through
- Shish-Ka-Bobs (2SP per skewer if it has two little meat cubes)
- Approximately 1 pound raw New York Strip Tip cut into 1″ cubes
- Zucchini & Yellow Squash cut into 1″ cubes
- Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- Idea: add pineapple!
- Non stick spray
- 1 Tbsp Zi Olive Smoky Balsamic Vinegar (Zi Olive Knox has it in large and small bottles or you can order online at www.zioliveknox.com or http://www.zioliveknox.com/index.php/balsamics/product/108-smoked?search=smoked
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp Trader Joe’s Coffee & Garlic BBQ Rub
- Dump all the cubed items in a gallon zipper plastic bag, mix the liquid ingredients and the rub in a little bowl and then pour in, and mix together in bag. Layer in the little wooden skewers with 2 meat chunks per skewer and set in basket. AF on 380 for 8 minutes for well done or 7 minutes for medium well.
- Tip: I did NOT have to soak my little wooden skewers like you would on a grill
- Tip: cut bacon in half, lay in basket in a single layer. AF 8 on 400 for 8 minutes
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (1SP per asparagus bunch)
- Applegate Uncured Sunday Bacon
- Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- take 3 spears and wrap with one piece bacon, sprinkle with Bragg Nutritional Yeast, place in basket. AF on 400 for 8 minutes
- Or for a meatless version see my Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe here! Air Fryer Asparagus
- Fish Tacos and Pineapple Ginger Slaw recipe will be on here as another post after I finish the recipe…BUT the fish fillets are Trader Joe’s Beer Batter Dipped Halibut, 2 SP per fillet or 7 SP for three. AF 360 for 6 minutes, flip half way thru but not critical. Tortilla is 1SP. Recipe is coming soon!
- Idea from Carol! She cuts up a Joseph Lavash, sprays with non stick spray, little salt & paprika, AF 6 minutes and eat like chips with salsa. A whole plate is 2SP!
Next week is a review of our 30 day Detox with Teami Blends and Bragg Nutritional Yeast . If you start the detox before we talk next week be sure and use your discount code IFYOUHAVEANEGG for 10% off www.teamiblends.com . See you next week!
For easy access on the go this information is now on the If You Have An Egg App! All of my lists are available on the If You Have an Egg App to take with you for simple shopping! Download the app in either the Google Play Store or the Apple Store on your mobile phone and tablet. Search ifyouhaveanegg or visit:Link to the Apple store is: https://appsto.re/us/NXKadb.i
Link to the Google play store is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…