Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat #38: Fall Goals (aka Pumpkin Spice Season!) Sit back and relax while you watch, everything is typed up here for you to print, share and most importantly USE!
(Disclaimer: I am not a professionally trained WW Leader nor am I employed or currently paid by Weight Watchers or Weight Watchers International. I’m just another lover and believer in this program and want to give and get support along this journey. Any mention of the terms Smart Points, Beyond the Scale, or Weight Watchers are copyright Weight Watchers International and subject to their copyright terms. This is a LIVE chat format so I will be interacting with the viewers who make it live on Sunday night. If you were not able to join us on Sunday maybe next time!)
- Thanks for watching and please remember to Like, Share, Comment and especially Subscribe so I can do more helpful Weight Watchers videos! These are the transcriptions from tonight’s chat about my Nutritional Yeast! with Smart Points listed. As always these are available on Facebook, YouTube and on my blog ifyouhaveanegg.com
- First things first, these are LIVE video chats when they are recorded so yes, I talk to people when they ask questions!
- Please remember to Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube so I can keep making more of these Chats and easy recipe videos!
- Remember, my other chats are available on ifyouhaveanegg.com or on YouTube search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
- Thank you for all your ideas for future chats!!!
(if you attend a physical meeting be sure and always pick up your Weekly! If you miss a week ask your leader for the copy from the previous week, they have valuable information, yummy recipes and usually coupons!!! If you are online only the Weekly is in digital form via your e-newsletter or when you log in under Weekly Topic (weightwatchers.com/weeklytopic)”
Fall Goals…aka Pumpkin Spice Season!
First things first though….you southern Texas girls and now my Florida girls STAY SAFE!
Peer pressure can create both bad and good things…I got irritated at my accountabilibuddy’s husband for making plans on OUR SUNDAY. We walk on Sunday, he doesn’t make plans for her on Sunday hahaha. So to show him I got in 21,000 steps today, so ha Scott! 🙂
One of the ladies in our physical meeting is actually freaking out a little over pumpkin spice season. She struggles with pecans, pumpkin flavored treats, spiced apple things and really seemed bothered by it. I know the If You Have an Egg Group girls have been pumpkin spice and cinnamon apple everything lately….there is hope! But classroom time first, then pumpkin.
If you attend meetings you should receive a Weekly, please be sure and take one! If you miss a meeting, your leader should have extras from at least the week prior and maybe farther back. If you are online only you can find out the weekly meeting topic in your e-newsletter or when you log in look for the Weekly Topic.
This week we discussed Fall Goals…my note I scribbled on the front this week was “what do you want to do between now and Thanksgiving?”. That seems so far away but it’s not…and it comes at the same time every year so we have no excuse. My big idea goal (broad goal) is “make a bad weather plan”. My accountabilibuddy and I are like the post office, rain snow sleet or hail we walk. Lightening is about the only thing that slows us down. We even took our shoes and socks off and waded through a flooded area.
If you made a Summer Goal now is the time to reflect and see how you did. In the same way I’m setting my Fall Goal and you should too:
My goal for Fall is: __________________________
(mine is make a bad weather plan)
I achieved it: Yes___ or No___
(If no) Here’s what got in the way: ___________________
Things I learned that will help me set my next goal: _____________________________________________
When you make your Fall Goal, please hashtag it as #smartgoals especially on WW Connect! And then follow this format to make sure you get there
Check your Fall Goal against the SMART plan!
The four W’s of Smart Goals are:
WHAT: What do you want to do? (example: make a bad weather plan)
WHEN: When do you want to do it? (example: by Thanksgiving so I can walk Mon morning & night, Wed morning, Thurs morning & night, Fri morning, Sat morning, Sunday morning & night))
WHERE: Where are you going to do it? (example: mornings downtown, evenings in Karen’s neighborhood)
WHO: Who is going to do this with you? (example: mornings with Dusty and hopefully John, evenings and Sunday with Karen)
So make your goal, write down your goal, make sure it is a SMART goal, and post it so we can help you!
You stayed for the entire class, congratulations….now for Pumpkin Spice! Any idea how many Pumpkin Spice retail items there are available this year? Hundreds? Maybe a thousand? I only looked for 60 seconds and found SIXTY! Here are some that are NOT LOW SP…but don’t fret just yet:
*It’s not officially Pumpkin Spice season until Starbucks releases their Pumpkin Spice Latte. McDonald’s also has a PSL. Did you know a Starbucks PSL and a Starbucks Pumpkin Scone is a whopping….are you sitting down….46 Smart Points!
*Krispy Kreme Pumpkin Spice doughnuts
*Lindt Pumpkin Spice chocolates
*Baileys Pumpkin Spice Liqueor
*M&M’s Pumpkin Spice, Carrot Cake & Candy Corn flavors
*Oreos Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie flavors
*Sara Lee Cheesecake
*Salazon Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt Pumpkin Beer
*Sugarlands Pumpkin Spice Moonshine
*Pumpkin Spice Latte flavored Peeps…that right, I said PEEPS
But don’t panic! The girls in the If You Have an Egg Group are hard at work satisfying those fall flavor cravings with some great ideas of their own:
*Popcorn Karan gathered a list of pumpkin spice cereals last year and ranked them for us. We will have to wait for her to get here and review this for accuracy but I think this was the order (they were lower in SP anyway…1 serving = 4-7 SP. I mix them with other cereals like Trader Joe Multigrain O’s to reduce the points)
-Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
-Pumpkin Spice Life Cereal
-Pumpkin Spice Shredded Wheat
-Pumpkin Spice Special K
*Kuerig Starbucks & McCafe Pumpkin Spice Latte coffee drinks with unsweetened almond milk and pumpkin caramel skinny syrup
*Thomas Pumpkin Spice Bagels and English Muffins
*Halo Top Pumpkin Pie ice cream
*Pumpkin Spice Flavored yogurts
*Pumpkin Flax Granola in yogurt
*My Air Fryer Baked Stuff Apples (find the recipe here: http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=2342 )
*Windstar Karen posted the most yummy Apple Tarts in our group for only 2 Smart Points
*Sally is the queen of the 1 Smart Point Apple Pie!
*Popcorn Karan made Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins and Cookies
*Lisa made Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats…how easy is that?
*Suzanne’s Pumpkin French Toast O.M.G.
*and we have a special surprise coming from Dak’s Seasonings that will spawn a new If You Have an Egg Recipe…stay tuned!
Remember the squirrel ammo from the beginning of the chat? Do you know what those are? Acorns? Nope, they are oak trees…please watch the video because my feelings about this will never translate in print. I want you to set a Fall Goal, and I want your goal to be an Oak Tree!
Where else can you find The Egg?
- YouTube – you can go to the chats always on YouTube! The cover photo for YouTube looks just like the Page because it is also public. You can search IFYOUHAVEANEGG and it should pull up all the WW If You Have an Egg Chats and the first one should be the Playlist of all the videos to date. If you click on Playlist you can watch them all in order and binge watch The Egg hahaha. If you have a YouTube account you can subscribe, make your own playlists, etc. If you are watching as a guest you can still watch all you want, you just can’t like, share, comment and save on a playlist. I really really appreciate when you Like, Share, Comment and Subscribe!!
- The Blog – ifyouhaveanegg.com this is where I journal all my recipes, the chats, the transcripts for the chats, details of new things, etc. It always has the three most current at the top. There is a Click Here for More New Recipes and you can search by category. If there are links to other recipes from within the post it will take you straight there. My Story is found here! http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?page_id=9 I have been a WW for 24+ years and got to goal in 2014, Lifetime for going on three years and counting! If you scroll over the pictures you can save these recipes and meal ideas to your Yummly Box, Pinterest, Twitter, you can Print, share on Facebook, etc
- Pinterest! Oh my gosh if you’re not using this as a resource tool you have to start! You can sort your ideas by points values, meals, shopping guide items, recipes and more! My boards are dividing by Smart Point values so go to pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg to find out more and to grab my pins!
- Instagram find me at @ifyouhaveanegg
- WW Connect find me at @scrapnstamp or #ifyouhaveanegg
- Last but not least, my App! Yes I do charge for the app. I have invested over $1,500 in development and there are monthly fees not to mention the time to keep it all updated. But the $2.99 is ONE TIME. You get all the Egg benefits for on low price and never pay again. Available for Android and Apple. If you are on an iPad though you have to switch it to “iPhone only” for some bizarre reason. You only buy once on Apple for both devices. Use the three lines in the upper left corner to bring down the menu to find the chats on YouTube, New Recipes, 7 Day Meal Plans, Shopping Guides (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Whole Foods, National Brands, Girl Scout Cookies, Halloween Candy, Costco)
- Additional Resources: whether you are doing WW Online, attending meetings, or just gleaning what you can from us you have resources! Use the recipes and meal ideas in your weekly from the meeting. Search hashtags like #weightwatchers on social media to get some great ideas. If you are using ETools you can scan, track, keep up with favorite foods and ideas. Or if you like pen and paper grab a paper track every week. My daughter Kc likes to journal and they are so much fun with pretty markers and *squeal* stickers! Resources from moi:
- I use index cards to keep a written record that I can touch, see, carry with me and then sort by Smart Points Value. If it’s a real I post it in a printable version on the blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com I can also sort these and know what my points are going to be for the day. Bu-bam…7 sets of cards = 7 days = you guessed it…home base for me
- If You Have an Egg Social Media for FREE and sharable food, meal and recipe ideas!
- Blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com and go to “click here for more great recipes” to see categories grouped by Smart Points
- Pinterest (my SP ideas grouped by points per board!): pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg
- Instagram: @ifyouhaveanegg
- Facebook Page(open to the public): https://www.facebook.com/ifyouhaveanegg/
- Facebook Closed Support Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/113471572340708/
- Facebook Closed Meatless Meals Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/487742901407108/
- My App: available for Apple and Android in your app store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG (if you are on an iPad you have to search by iPhone only even though you are on an iPad…no reason why). The app has Shopping Guides divided by store (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Costco, etc) and then by Smart Points. Only have 3 Smart Points and you’re in the middle of the Cookie Butter aisle at Trader Joe’s? No problem, open up the App, touch Trader Joe’s and the scroll to 3 Smart Points…tada! App categories include:
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
- Trader Joes
- Sams (coming soon!)
- Whole Foods
- National Brands (Kroger, Meier, Ingles, Dollar Tree, Target, etc)
- Halloween Candy
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Convenience Stores (coming soon!)
- Eating Out (work in progress)
- My Top Pantry Picks (Top 5, Top 25, Top 100!)
- Easy Meal Ideas with Smart Points
- New Recipes with Smart Points
- YouTube chats, recipes and ideas on the Go!
- Direct Link to the blog so you can check more recipes On The Go!
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
****Don’t forget…if you want to see more helpful Live Chats and easy WW Recipe videos be sure to Like, Share, Subscribe and Comment!****
Thank you again, this is my happy relaxing time with you guys each week. To find more information, see the other chats or get my FREE recipes and meal ideas remember to visit me:
*On Facebook on the If You Have an Egg Page or in my group
*My blog: www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*On my app: available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*Pinterest: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*YouTube: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
See you next week J