Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat: Index Card Organization! It’s hard enough to grocery shop, prepare food, make a healthy meal and not collapse before you have to start all over again for the next day. What if I told you, you can make an inexpensive, organized, and yes even fun, method of meal planning that… [read more]
Zero Smart Points. And vegetarian. And vegan. And healthy. And delicious!
So he’s been home for two days now. Two. Whole. Days. And I’ve made Air Fryer Bacon Asparagus. Twice. When I asked what his favorite part was did he say the bacon? Nope. The crispy ends. Not the bacon? Really?
It was so simple really. Why didn’t I think of it. Crispy ends.
Air Fryer Asparagus: 0 Smart Points!
- One bunch fresh asparagus, trim any thick woody ends
- Olive oil non stick spray
- Bragg Nutritional Yeast
Wash and trim Asparagus. Spray stalks with non stick spray and then sprinkle with Bragg Nutritional Yeast. Lay in semi single layer in air fryer basket. Cook on 360’for 8 minutes. Cuh-ris-py!!
Tonight’s chat is about Protein and Snack bars on the new Smart Points Weight Watchers program. Get the best bang for your Smart Point buck! As always the transcript of everything we discuss will be up later here and on YouTube. If we lose connection don’t go away, I’ll be right back on my phone!
Transcripts from tonight’s chat:
*This video will be available here and on YouTube with the transcript…ALL of my videos are available on my blog at www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*Quaker Chew Granola Bars are yummy but 4 SP / 1 gram of Protein…boooooo
*Kind Bars: most are 5 SP / 3 grams of protein, all natural sweeteners – available at Target, Walmart, most major grocery chains
*Fiber One Protein Bars: most are 5 SP / 6 grams of protein, sugar & corn syrup – available at Target, Walmart, most major grocery chains
*Zone Perfect: 8 SP / 14 grams of protein, sugar & corn syrup – available at Target, Walmart, most major grocery chains
*Kirkland Protein Bars: 5 SP / 21 grams of protein, Erithrytol & Stevia – ONLY AVAILABLE AT COSTCO
*Mighty Bars (beef): 2 SP / 8 grams of protein, cane sugar – Sprouts, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, large Krogers
*Think Thin: most are 6 SP / 20 grams of protein, Maltitol – Kroger, Walmart, Publix, most major stores
*NuGo Slim: most are 5 SP / 15 or 16 grams of protein, cane sugar – Whole Foods, Publix and online at https://www.nugonutrition.com/products/slim/ follow them on Facebook for a coupon!
*I haven’t had the Chocolate Leather yet but it is available on Amazon.com and 2SP like a Tootsie Roll
*Quest Bars: most are 4 to 5 SP / 21 grams of protein, Erithrytol & Stevia – GNC, Target, Walmart, Kroger, Publix, most major chains and online at www.questnutrition.com
*Reminder…the blog is available at www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*Last one…delicious but way too many points! Lenny & Larry’s The Complete Cookie: 2 servings 14 SP / 16 grams of protein, natural sweetners. Delicious but wow alot of points
I eat the Quest Bars & Kirkland Bars as breakfast on the go with fruit (banana, clementine, etc) and I always have one in my purse and backback. 5 seconds in the microwave makes them chewy like a cookie. Cut one in 6 to 8 pieces, pat them down a little and bake for 2 minutes on 325, flatten with a spatula and they are cookies! Let them cool completely and add Halo Top in the middle to make an ice cream sandwich cookie and refreeeze. Uh-mazing! Check out my Lemon Lemon recipe at http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=461
NuGo Slim is my new go to dessert protein bar…yummy alone and awesome added to yogurt and fruit! This morning I had 1/2 the Brownie Crunch NuGo with my greek yogurt and strawberries for only 5 Smart Points…oh my gosh it was dessert for a snack!
- First I don’t know what happened to the connection…Facebook Live was just suddenly gone so we lost about 7 minutes from the beginning. Sorry!
- The tea detox that Kc and I did is called Teami Blends 30 Day Detox from www.teamiblends.com and if you are going to try it use the discount code IFYOUHAVEANEGG at checkout for 10% off
- I lost 4 pounds of water weight and Kc lost an inch off her waist. My FitBit is loose now and my socks are not leaving dents in my legs…how much water was I holding??
- There are many versions available at Teami Blends (online), Teavana (in the mall) for example. We chose Teami Blends http://www.teamiblends.com/Teami_Detox_30_Days_Pack because they are all natural and let’s face it…cute tumblers! (use the discount code IFYOUHAVEANEGG at checkout for 10% off)
- While on any tea detox try to limit your sodium, fatty foods…up your water intake, fresh fruits and veggies, and lean protein because you are going to “get back” any toxins you put in if you know what I mean
- Drink Skinny Tea every morning for 30 days and Colon Tea every other evening. Kc is on round 2, I still drink Skinny Tea every morning and the Colon Tea once a week because I like the unbloated me!
- Teami Skinny = loose leaf, make in the tumbler or with an infuser. My Teami Tumbler is 400ml, it also comes in a 600ml size. One teaspoon per tumbler (either size).
TEAMI SKINNY BENEFITS:
Help Reduce Bloating
- Teami Colon Cleanse = bag, make in the tumbler or straight in a mug. LISTEN TO ME…I’m not trying to scare you but the first day this is going to clean out alot of sludge. Alot. Like don’t plan a long car ride or meeting that first morning. My advice, drink a full mug of water, then the Colon Tea steeped for only 90 seconds in 8 ounces of hot water, then drink another bull mug of water. Drink this at least 12 hours before you need to leave the next morning. It is less “dramatic” after a few day and important that you do this every other night and the Skinny every morning BEFORE you eat.
TEAMI COLON BENEFITS:
Gets Rid of Toxins from the Body
Improves Skin Complexion
Aids Weight Loss
Detoxify your Body from the Inside-Out
- Other Teami Teas we love:
Teami Focus Benefits:
Increase Mental Clarity
Enhance Productivity Levels
Promotes Clear Concentration
Raise Energy Levels Naturally
Suppress Cravings Naturally
No headaches, jitters or crashes!
All-Natural Ingredients – No Chemicals!
No one likes drinking coffee for their morning boost and then feeling sluggish in the afternoon! Wouldn’t it be nice to increase mental clarity and focus without headaches, jitters or energy crash?
- TEAMI PROFIT
The All-Natural components of Teami Profit may help:
Strengthen the immune system (reduces chances of getting sick)
Fights against cancerous cells
Detoxify and rejuvenate the internal organs (contains Anti-aging properties)
Improve blood circulation (reducing high blood pressure)
Promotes soft and even skin complexion (increases red blood cells)
Reduces food cravings
- TEAMI ALIVE
Benefits may include:
Eliminating Chronic Exhaustion
Heightened Focus & Concentration
Increasing Energy Levels
Relieving Muscle Pain & Inflammation
Purifying the Colon
Increasing Blood Circulation which Improves Skin Complexion
Detoxing of the Kidney & Liver
Relieving Discomfort from Stomach Cramps
- Bragg Nutritional Yeast tastes like Parmesan and Panko had a baby!
- Nana turned me onto Nutritional Yeast because her new vegan diet needed an extra boost of protein and B Vitamins…so it’s not only yummy, it’s good for you!
- Serving = 1 Tbsp for 0 Smart Points!
- BRAGG PREMIUM NUTRITIONAL YEAST SEASONING BENEFITS
• Great Taste
• Kosher Certified
• Vitamin B including natural Vitamin B12 (from Cobalamin) 70 – 160% of most B Vitamins PLUS 3 grams of Protein!
- What do I put BNY on? Here are just a few items:
-In an egg mug http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=622
-Add to my Secret Recipe Scrambled Eggs http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=905
-Add to Quaker Cheese Grits (Quaker Cheese Grits, 4-6 oz boiling water, BNY, 1 Tbsp Kirkland Bacon Crumbles = 4 Smart Points
-In instant potatoes oh my gosh! (1/4 cup Idahoan Baby Reds instant potatoes, 4-6 oz boiling water, BNY, 1 Tbsp Fat Free Trader Joes Sour Cream = 4 Smart Points)
-Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe is on the blog http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=1529 only 1 Smart Point! The Air Fryer version is 380 degrees for 8 minutes in a Power Air Fryer XL
- If you ever find Gripsticks and want to send me a gift I will take all you send hahaha
- Last but not least Angie was bugging the poo out of me about the story of the egg…you can read it here on the blog! http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?page_id=9
All my friends were in the Air Fryer Club. I wanted to be in the club. Why shouldn’t I be? It’s a fun club. And it’s not illegal, immoral OR fattening…seriously!
All of the transcripts for tonight’s Facebook Live! Weight Watchers Air Fryer Chat will be up by tomorrow night but for now, if you missed it you can watch it again here. Stay tuned, there are several new recipes with this one!
If you missed the Live! version of our Air Fryer Chat you can always catch it here. Transcripts will be up here, on YouTube and on www.ifyouhaveanegg.com as soon as possible…not tonight though, I’m still suffering through that very traumatic loss of an hour’s sleep last night hahaha!
- I have a Power Air Fryer XL 5.3 quart. My husband ordered it online but you can also purchase them at Bed Bath & Beyond (take a coupon!)
- Check out your idea book that comes with your fryer for some beginner tips. You will adjust as you practice…and play!
- Mine has a copper basket that is super easy to clean and has a divider in case you want to cook two things at the same time. When I hand wash I use two drops of blue Dawn dish detergent in a cool whip container with warm water
- DON’T TOUCH THE RED BUTTON until you are ready to separate the basket from the holder
- I will be referring to my Air Fryer as AF from now on in this transcript!
- Air Fried Corn (4SP for a medium ear):
- Corn on the cob
- Seasoning of choice
- spray one corn on the cob with non stick spray, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning (I used my Dean Jacobs and some Bragg Nutritional Yeast), put in AF basket 8 minutes on 360 degrees. Turn halfway through
- Again….like every week…The Bragg Nutritional Yeast is 1 Tbsp = 0 SP and sooo yummy. It tastes like parmesan and Panko had a baby! #pankoandparmesanhadababy
- Dean Jacobs Bread Dipping Seasoning is a dry blend for 0 SP. I buy it in Gatlinburg, TN at a sauce store (All Sauced Up) but you can also order it online
- Yes you can open the basket on the Power Air Fryer XL while it is cooking to check your food, shake, turn, and then it will start right back where you left it
- Bragg Liquid Aminos is a substitute for soy sauce and has an unusual smoky flavor that I can’t explain…but it’s better for you than soy sauce
- Air Fryer Fiesta Potatoes (2SP for 1/4 cup):
- 1 cup new potatoes
- 1 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch Fiesta powder
- Non stick spray
- slice potatoes into three or four slices per potato. Lightly spray with non stick spray and sprinkle evenly with the powder. Put in AF basket on 180 for 10 minutes. Shake and flip. AF on 180 for 15 more minutes. These will be more like roasted potatoes, not french fries.
- Off Topic! we will talk about Pizzelle cookies made into Cannoli…we will definitely make those one day on here!
- Tip: I shake AND flip my fries half way through
- Shish-Ka-Bobs (2SP per skewer if it has two little meat cubes)
- Approximately 1 pound raw New York Strip Tip cut into 1″ cubes
- Zucchini & Yellow Squash cut into 1″ cubes
- Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- Idea: add pineapple!
- Non stick spray
- 1 Tbsp Zi Olive Smoky Balsamic Vinegar (Zi Olive Knox has it in large and small bottles or you can order online at www.zioliveknox.com or http://www.zioliveknox.com/index.php/balsamics/product/108-smoked?search=smoked
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp Trader Joe’s Coffee & Garlic BBQ Rub
- Dump all the cubed items in a gallon zipper plastic bag, mix the liquid ingredients and the rub in a little bowl and then pour in, and mix together in bag. Layer in the little wooden skewers with 2 meat chunks per skewer and set in basket. AF on 380 for 8 minutes for well done or 7 minutes for medium well.
- Tip: I did NOT have to soak my little wooden skewers like you would on a grill
- Tip: cut bacon in half, lay in basket in a single layer. AF 8 on 400 for 8 minutes
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (1SP per asparagus bunch)
- Applegate Uncured Sunday Bacon
- Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- take 3 spears and wrap with one piece bacon, sprinkle with Bragg Nutritional Yeast, place in basket. AF on 400 for 8 minutes
- Or for a meatless version see my Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe here! Air Fryer Asparagus
- Fish Tacos and Pineapple Ginger Slaw recipe will be on here as another post after I finish the recipe…BUT the fish fillets are Trader Joe’s Beer Batter Dipped Halibut, 2 SP per fillet or 7 SP for three. AF 360 for 6 minutes, flip half way thru but not critical. Tortilla is 1SP. Recipe is coming soon!
- Idea from Carol! She cuts up a Joseph Lavash, sprays with non stick spray, little salt & paprika, AF 6 minutes and eat like chips with salsa. A whole plate is 2SP!
Next week is a review of our 30 day Detox with Teami Blends and Bragg Nutritional Yeast . If you start the detox before we talk next week be sure and use your discount code IFYOUHAVEANEGG for 10% off www.teamiblends.com . See you next week!
For easy access on the go this information is now on the If You Have An Egg App! All of my lists are available on the If You Have an Egg App to take with you for simple shopping! Download the app in either the Google Play Store or the Apple Store on your mobile phone and tablet. Search ifyouhaveanegg or visit:Link to the Apple store is: https://appsto.re/us/NXKadb.i
Link to the Google play store is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…
Last night we chatted about easy WW lunches! If you are like me lunch is the hardest meal to get in yet it sets the tone for the rest or my day. Eat a good lunch…any lunch…and keep yourself from playing refrigerator roulette and pantry ping pong later.
All meal ideas with Smart Points will be listed in the comments soon, available on the If You Have an Egg App and on my Pinterest boards. This video along with comments will be available here and also on my YouTube channel. Please feel free to use and share!
In case you missed it or were too busy watching to catch everything here is a written recap:
~We will talk about the Air Fryer next week! The steak was awesome, the air fried corn? Amazing
~Small containers were Sistema brand from Home Goods, Costco and sometimes you can find them at overstock stores. Don’t have to be that brand, just makes life easier
~Flatout Light Spinach, 1 wrap = 2 SP
~Joseph’s Lavash (not shown), 1/2 wrap = 1 SP
~Eggland’s Best Hardboiled Eggs, 1 egg = 2SP
~Diced Ham (most brands), 2 oz = 1SP
~Jif To Go (regular or natural), 1/2 container = 4 SP
~Fusia (Aldi) Udon Soup, 1 container = 7 SP
~Bumblebee Flavored Tuna Packs (Lemon Pepper, Sweet Thai Chili, Jalapeno, Sun Dried Tomato & Basil), 1 pouch = 1 to 3 SP
~Turkey Pepperoni (most brands), 12-16 slices = 2 SP
~Joseph’s Mini Pita Snacks, 6 pitas = 2 SP
~Stone Fire Mini Na’an, 1 mini na’an = 5 SP
~Old Wisconsin Turkey Snack Bites, 6 pieces = 2 SP
~Olives To Go Kalamata, 1 container = 5 SP
~Fluff, 1 Tbsp = 1 SP
~Ritz Crackers, 8 crackers = 4 SP
~Lunch 1: Ham & Cheese = 5 SP
*1 light string cheese (most brands)
*1 oz light ham
*cucumbers and tomatoes
~Lunch 2: Cheese & Crackers = 7 SP
*8 Ritz Crackers
*2 slices Velveeta Original
~Lunch 3: Mini Pitz Pizzas = 5 SP
*6 Josephs Mini Pita
*3 grape tomatoes
*1 Bel Giosio Snacking Cheese (or 1 oz mozzarella)
*12 turkey pepperonis
~Lunch 4: Grilled Cheese = 6 SP
*2 slices White Wheat Bread
*2 slices Velveeta Original
*fruit cup in water
~Lunch 5: Parfait = 4 SP
*1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt
*2 Tbsp most brands granola
*lots o’ fruit
~Lunch 6: Chef Salad = 7 SP
*2 oz diced ham
*2 Tbsp fat free dressing
*applesauce fruit cup
~Lunch 7: Wendys Chili = 7 SP
*small Wendys Chili
*light sour cream
*2 saltine crackers
~Lunch 8: Run to the Border = 5SP
*Doritos Locos Taco (or Cool Ranch or Feisty)
*Apple or banana
~Lunch 9: Chick Fil A = 2 SP
*8 Grilled Nuggets
*splurge and add a diet lemonade for 1 more SP!
~Lunch 10: Fluffer Nutter = 9 SP
*2 slices White Wheat bread
*2 Tbsp Fluff
*1/2 Jif To Go
Teami 30 Day Detox wind down review next week…but if you order don’t forget your discount using code IFYOUHAVEANEGG at www.teamiblends.com #thankyouteami
And you can find all of these and more of me at:
~Instagram = @ifyouhaveanegg
~Pinterest = @ifyouhaveanegg
~Facebook Page = https://www.facebook.com/ifyouhaveanegg/
~YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHxsmwYwUkQQvW8w6QswxiQ or search @ifyouhaveanegg
~My App available in the iTunes store or your Android Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
~Weight Watchers Connect: search @ifyouhaveanegg or #ifyouhaveanegg or my user name is @scrapnstamp (don’t ask)
~and of course the blog! www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
This was so good it was worth popping in before church to share.
Some of the ladies in my Facebook group accidentally started an Air Fryer club. And I wanted in. Bad.
During the one snow we had in East TN this winter hubby and I were trapped in the loft for a few hours before he took me to work.
The most glorious thing that could happen during a mild winter event was the Air Fryer XL infomercial. He wasn’t interested. Until they started pulling things out with ooey gooey cheese. And then a steak. And then he wanted to know more.
Guess what I got for Valentine’s Day?
Set to 360 degrees and 9 minutes.
Flip after 5 minutes and add any seasonings. Return to Fryer and continue cooking for remaining time.
Air Fryer XL steak and eggs time…
Holy frijoles it’s perfect. This is sooooo not a diet!
- 3 oz New York Strip, 5 SP
- 1 perfectly fried egg with 1/8 cup egg whites and a sprinkle Bragg Nutritional Yeast, 2 SP
- Strawberries, 0 SP
- Total = 7 Smart Points
#airfryer #wwfood #wwwithkelly #ifyouhaveanegg #wwmoms #wwlife #steakandeggs #wwmoms #wwmeals #weightwatchers #notadiet
9 out of 9 Weight Watchers Agree.
This trip out was especially long. Normally he is gone a week, in a few, gone another. This round however there were only four days out of a month that he was home. Let’s just say the amount of dirty dishes this outing created is only surpassed by the the number of new recipes. And happy tummies.
Having all this free time in the evening meant spending more time with mom (Nana) now that she’s back in Knoxville. It has made me start pining for some of our childhood meals and treats though…and some of them are a problem. Cinnamon Streusel is one of those problems.
The version Nana used to make was a butter induced, sugar glazed, nutty goodness that can’t possibly be less than all my points. And all your points. And all her points. And.
And 9 out of 9 Weight Watchers agree. That my lightened up version is yummy, delicious, and guess what else? Nana approved.
- 3 servings my recipe Baked Cinnamon Apple Rings (recipe here: http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=923) using small Granny Smith apples
- 4 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 4 tsp Truvia Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes
- 1/4 cup Quest Nutrition Salted Caramel Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Maple Pecan Granola (or similar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 6 Tbsp water
- Coconut non stick spray
Set aside 3 tsp Truvia Baking Blend, 3 tsp Truvia Brown Sugar, the Maple Pecan Granola, Cinnamon, and the cooked apples
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 12 mini muffins with coconut non stick spray.
Dice apples with a pizza cutter. Trust me. It’s easier than a knife. Evenly divide the diced apples into the sprayed muffin cups.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour evenly over each little pile of apples. Make sure the Granola is broken into little pieces and then sprinkle over each one. Lightly spray again with non stick spray. Sprinkle each one with the Truvia Baking Blend, Truvia Brown Sugar and then a sprinkle of cinnamon. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Best warm and fresh but they are amazing even after a couple of days!
For easy Access On the Go! This recipe is now available on the If You Have an Egg App (available on Apple and Android)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the ❤️ 👍 and especially for your support!!!
“You can tell who the strong women are. They are the ones you see building one another up instead of tearing each other down.” I don’t know who wrote this…but I love you.
I truly believe that my Weight Watchers journey would have stalled the first, second, third…heck sixth time if it weren’t for the support of other amazing and strong women. Not that you guys aren’t right in there fighting the good fight, but girls need some other girls ya know? This blog, these Facebook interactions, WW Connect, you ladies complete me. And you emotionally support me more than you will ever know.
Tonight was the inaugural journey into Facebook Live!
In case you missed this first Weight Watchers Facebook Live! Q&A with me here it is! We had a nice first chat, talked about several weightloss topics and have a plan for next week. I hope you will join us next week as we talk about Snacks that are suprisingly low in Smart Points! Stay tuned for more…
I can almost hear Luther Vandross singing Power of Love while these are baking 💕💖
I’m going to go ahead and brag a little. These got a 5 out of 5 from the civilians who tasted them. Three of the “volunteers” are previous taste testers and went in knowing this was Weight Watchers friendly and that if I didn’t like them they wouldn’t be coerced into a nibble. Two of them however were skeptical. Really not sure what to say. But I stood there unwavering and said “do you like strawberry shortcake? Try one”. They each ate two.
Tuesday is Valentine’s Day and I wanted something sweet but simple. These hit the spot.
Sweet Hearts: 2 Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving (3 servings / 2 SP each)
- 1 Joseph’s Lavash (or similar 1 SP flatbread)
- 3 Tbsp Strawberry Fluff
- 2 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 Tbsp Jell-O Sugar Free Raspberry
- Coconut non stick spray
Heat oven to 325 degrees. Using a pizza cutter cut the Lavash into 12 strips approximately 1″ wide.
Using a piping bag and a round tip lightly “pipe” the strawberry fluff in stripes on each Lavash strip.
Starting at the ends roll towards center until they meet. Pick up and pinch the center to make a heart shape.
Place each heart in a mini muffin cup and spray lightly with coconut non stick spray.
Mix the Truvia and Jell-O powder together and sprinkle evenly over each one
Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes and use a spoon to gently pop them out and on to a plate to continue cooling. Some fluff will ooze out the bottom….if you are a good spooner you will get all of it!