Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat #47:
“Gobble. Gobble. Gobble.” How Can YOU Have a Happy Turkey Day!
December 10th will be our 50th chat…can you believe it? Let’s do something fun!
Are you worried about Turkey Day? Hoping for more gobble and less wobble? Hopefully you joined us Sunday at 8pm Eastern time to chat about fears and facts to get you ready for the US single largest food consumption day of the year!
Don’t forget, there is no need to take notes, I’ll do all the transcribing for you 👍🏼! Sit back and relax while you watch, everything is typed up here for you to print, share and most importantly USE!
(Disclaimer: I am not a professionally trained WW Leader nor am I employed or currently paid by Weight Watchers or Weight Watchers International. I’m just another lover and believer in this program and want to give and get support along this journey. Any mention of the terms Smart Points, Beyond the Scale, or Weight Watchers are copyright Weight Watchers International and subject to their copyright terms. This is a LIVE chat format so I will be interacting with the viewers who make it live on Sunday night. If you were not able to join us on Sunday maybe next time!)
- Thanks for watching and please remember to Like, Share, Comment and especially Subscribe so I can do more helpful Weight Watchers videos! These are the transcriptions from tonight’s chat about my Nutritional Yeast! with Smart Points listed. As always these are available on Facebook, YouTube and on my blog ifyouhaveanegg.com
- First things first, these are LIVE video chats when they are recorded so yes, I talk to people when they ask questions!
- Please remember to Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube so I can keep making more of these Chats and easy recipe videos!
- Remember, my other chats are available on ifyouhaveanegg.com or on YouTube search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
- Thank you for all your ideas for future chats!!!
Back to the chat!
(if you attend a physical meeting be sure and always pick up your Weekly! If you miss a week ask your leader for the copy from the previous week, they have valuable information, yummy recipes and usually coupons!!! If you are online only the Weekly is in digital form via your e-newsletter or when you log in under Weekly Topic (weightwatchers.com/weeklytopic)
“Gobble. Gobble. Gobble.” How can YOU have a happy Turkey Day?
If you attend meetings you should receive a Weekly, please be sure and take one! If you miss a meeting, your leader should have extras from at least the week prior and maybe farther back. If you are online only you can find out the weekly meeting topic in your e-newsletter or when you log in look for the Weekly Topic.
*****This is Chat #47! Can you believe it? Maybe we should do a giveaway at Chat #50, what do you think?****
*Homework from last week was to eat one meatless meal…how did you do?
*This week in the US we celebrate Thanksgiving…did you know that Thanksgiving is the Number 1 day food is consumed in the United States? What do you think the #2 day is? Christmas? Nope. New Years Day? Not even close. Super Bowl Sunday!
*Plan your strategy:
-Eat breakfast…start your day! Don’t skip meals in preparation, keep them light but be sure you don’t deprive yourself or you will eat everything in front of you
-Make a plan: Are you tracking? Are you eating what you want but stopping while you are still comfortable and keeping your wits about you? Or are you throwing caution to the wind and eating whatever you want on Thanksgiving Day? Whichever you choose…you had a plan! This is Thanksgiving DAY, not week, not month, not year. If you want to take a break that’s ok, just get right back on track the next day…or better yet the next meal!
-Use your tools:
~I use a regular size spoon (not a soup spoon, not a serving spoon) and I count one bite as one point if I don’t have any way to calculate or measure
~If you are in control of the location or are not embarrassed to take them with you find some things around the house that you can use to measure. I have a set of premeasured spoons from WW, but my ice cream scoop is ¼ cup, my flower silicone baking cups are 1/3 cup, some little glass dishes from World Market that I use for ingredients are ½ cup, glass pyrex ramekins are 1 cup to the top of the third ridge. If I don’t know what the measurement is I fill it with water and then pour into a glass measuring cup so I know how much it was.
~Take something firm (rice, mashed potatoes, etc) and measure out ½ cup onto a small plate. Get familiar with what that looks like so you can guesstimate on the fly!
~Take a moment and check out the plates: 9” plates used to be standard…the US has migrated to using 11” plates as normal! Please use a smaller plate and if you are still hungry or not satisfied then you can refill your smaller plate. If you start out with the 11” plate you will eat it all!
~What if you are eating out or at someone else’s house what can you do?? Never fear…your hand is near! This is available online at weightwatchers.com and it’s also in our Getting Started Book: your fist (unless you have meaty man hands) is approximately a cup. Your thumb from the tip to the joint at your hand is approximately an ounce of cheese, etc. Your thumbtip is approximately a Tablespoon. Your cupped hand (unless you have a giant cupped hand like me tee hee) is approximately 1 to 2 ounces of things like pretzels or nuts. The palm of your hand is approximately 3 ounces of fish, chicken, beef, pork.
*Take a paper plate and draw out the sizes we just discussed to see how it looks on a plate. We’re constantly on our cell phones so why not take a picture and review while you fill your plate!
*Take a list and review it before you go!
-3 ounces Turkey Breast no skin: 1 SP
-3 ounces Turkey Breast with skin: 3 SP
-3 ounces Turkey dark meat with skin: 4 SP
-5 ounces spiral ham: 5 SP
-1/2 cup mashed potatoes: 4 SP
-1/2 cup stuffing/dressing: 6 SP
-1/4 Tofurkey with stuffing: 6 SP
-1 cup Green Bean Casserole: 7 SP
-1 cup Green Beans: 0 SP
-1 cup Mac N Cheese (low fat): 10 SP
-1/4 cup Turkey Gravy, canned: 1 SP
-1 cup winter squash: 0 SP (or try my Delicata Squash recipe!)
-1 Tbsp giblet gravy: 1 SP
-1/4 cup cranberry sauce: 6 SP
-1 sweet potato baked: 4 SP
-1 cup Sweet Potato Casserole: 7 SP
– ½ cup Candied Sweet Potatoes: 8 SP
-1 cup tossed salad (no dressing): 0 SP
-2 tsp oil and vinegar: 2 SP
-1 dinner roll: 4SP
-5 oz wine: 4 SP
-1/2 ounce liquor (brandy, vodka, etc): 3 SP
-12 ounces Beer (regular): 5 SP
-12 ounces Beer (light): 3 SP
-12 oz Coke (or similar soft drink): 9 SP
-1 slice Pumpkin Pie: 14 SP
-1 slice Apple Pie: 16 SP
-1 slice Sweet Potato Pie: 16 SP
-1 slice Pecan Pie: 21 SP! (how about a half slice? Or better yet my Cinnamon Streusal Apple Bites for only 1 SP!)
*Crustless Pumpkin Pie recipe is in our Closed Group…remember to answer the three questions to join and find the recipe!
*I like Pumpkin Pie but I’m not spending 14 points on a slice. Instead how about Pumpkin Pie Angel Food cupcakes for 2 SP each? Recipe coming!
*Three things I already make and work for ANY GUEST, ANY OCCASION! (and notice my 9” plate is already full and I don’t even have any turkey or ham on it!)
-My Down to Earthy Green beans only 1 SP here: Down To Earthy Green Beans Recipe
-My Baked Stuffed Apple (Air Fryer or oven) substitute a pear for 1 SP here: Baked Stuffed Apple Recipe
-Sweet Potato Casserole 5 SP:
~1/4 cup Betty Crocker Instant Sweet Potatoes
~4 oz hot water (I use my Kuerig!)
~mix and divide in half
~add ½ Tbsp Fluff to each one
~1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Just The Clusters Maple Pecan granola on each one
~Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste
~if you like it a little more sweet add some spray I Can’t Believe it Not Butter and some Truvia Brown Sugar
~Brown in your Air Fryer on 350 degrees for 5 minutes to kind of toast the top
-Don’t walk around tasting at a buffet style or appetizer style…get a plate!
-Wear snug clothes…your “buffet pants” are a bad idea hahaha
-Take a walk!
-Fill up before you go
-Remember it’s a Holi-DAY!
*So! This week, take some time to make your plan, check your tools (including your hand!), and section off your paper plate…. I’d love to hear how you did…please comment here or in the Facebook Chat!
Where else can you find The Egg?
- YouTube – you can go to the chats always on YouTube! The cover photo for YouTube looks just like the Page because it is also public. You can search IFYOUHAVEANEGG and it should pull up all the WW If You Have an Egg Chats and the first one should be the Playlist of all the videos to date. If you click on Playlist you can watch them all in order and binge watch The Egg hahaha. If you have a YouTube account you can subscribe, make your own playlists, etc. If you are watching as a guest you can still watch all you want, you just can’t like, share, comment and save on a playlist. I really really appreciate when you Like, Share, Comment and Subscribe!!
- The Blog – ifyouhaveanegg.com this is where I journal all my recipes, the chats, the transcripts for the chats, details of new things, etc. It always has the three most current at the top. There is a Click Here for More New Recipes and you can search by category. If there are links to other recipes from within the post it will take you straight there. My Story is found here! http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?page_id=9 I have been a WW for 24+ years and got to goal in 2014, Lifetime for going on three years and counting! If you scroll over the pictures you can save these recipes and meal ideas to your Yummly Box, Pinterest, Twitter, you can Print, share on Facebook, etc
- Pinterest! Oh my gosh if you’re not using this as a resource tool you have to start! You can sort your ideas by points values, meals, shopping guide items, recipes and more! My boards are dividing by Smart Point values so go to pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg to find out more and to grab my pins!
- Instagram find me at @ifyouhaveanegg
- WW Connect find me at @scrapnstamp or #ifyouhaveanegg
- Last but not least, my App! Yes I do charge for the app. I have invested over $1,500 in development and there are monthly fees not to mention the time to keep it all updated. But the $2.99 is ONE TIME. You get all the Egg benefits for on low price and never pay again. Available for Android and Apple. If you are on an iPad though you have to switch it to “iPhone only” for some bizarre reason. You only buy once on Apple for both devices. Use the three lines in the upper left corner to bring down the menu to find the chats on YouTube, New Recipes, 7 Day Meal Plans, Shopping Guides (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Whole Foods, National Brands, Girl Scout Cookies, Halloween Candy, Costco)
- Additional Resources: whether you are doing WW Online, attending meetings, or just gleaning what you can from us you have resources! Use the recipes and meal ideas in your weekly from the meeting. Search hashtags like #weightwatchers on social media to get some great ideas. If you are using ETools you can scan, track, keep up with favorite foods and ideas. Or if you like pen and paper grab a paper track every week. My daughter Kc likes to journal and they are so much fun with pretty markers and *squeal* stickers! Resources from moi:
- I use index cards to keep a written record that I can touch, see, carry with me and then sort by Smart Points Value. If it’s a real I post it in a printable version on the blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com I can also sort these and know what my points are going to be for the day. Bu-bam…7 sets of cards = 7 days = you guessed it…home base for me
- If You Have an Egg Social Media for FREE and sharable food, meal and recipe ideas!
- Blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com and go to “click here for more great recipes” to see categories grouped by Smart Points
- Pinterest (my SP ideas grouped by points per board!): pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg
- Instagram: @ifyouhaveanegg
- Facebook Page(open to the public): https://www.facebook.com/ifyouhaveanegg/
- Facebook Closed Support Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/113471572340708/
- Facebook Closed Meatless Meals Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/487742901407108/
- My App: available for Apple and Android in your app store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG (if you are on an iPad you have to search by iPhone only even though you are on an iPad…no reason why). The app has Shopping Guides divided by store (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Costco, etc) and then by Smart Points. Only have 3 Smart Points and you’re in the middle of the Cookie Butter aisle at Trader Joe’s? No problem, open up the App, touch Trader Joe’s and the scroll to 3 Smart Points…tada! App categories include:
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
- Trader Joes
- Sams (coming soon!)
- Whole Foods
- National Brands (Kroger, Meier, Ingles, Dollar Tree, Target, etc)
- Halloween Candy
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Convenience Stores (coming soon!)
- Eating Out (work in progress)
- My Top Pantry Picks (Top 5, Top 25, Top 100!)
- Easy Meal Ideas with Smart Points
- New Recipes with Smart Points
- YouTube chats, recipes and ideas on the Go!
- Direct Link to the blog so you can check more recipes On The Go!
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
****Don’t forget…if you want to see more helpful Live Chats and easy WW Recipe videos be sure to Like, Share, Subscribe and Comment!****
Thank you again, this is my happy relaxing time with you guys each week. To find more information, see the other chats or get my FREE recipes and meal ideas remember to visit me:
*On Facebook on the If You Have an Egg Page or in my group
*My blog: www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*On my app: available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*Pinterest: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*YouTube: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
See you next week!