Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat: WW Smart Point Polenta vs Grits! Never had Polenta? Think you didn't like Grits? Watch tonight's chat and see which one wins or if we just decide to enjoy both!
Thanks for watching and please remember to Like, Share, Comment and especially Subscribe so I can do more helpful Weight Watchers videos! These are the transcriptions from tonight’s chat about my WW Polenta vs Grits! with Smart Points listed. As always these are available on Facebook, YouTube and on my blog www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
- First things first, these are LIVE video chats when they are recorded so yes, I talk to people when they ask questions!
- Please remember to Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube so I can keep making more of these Chats and easy recipe videos!
- Remember, my other chats are available on ifyouhaveanegg.com or on YouTube search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
- Thank you for all your ideas for future chats!!!
- Polenta vs Grits….is there really a difference?
- Both are made from dried corn
- Polenta is made from dried yellow corn / Grits are made from ground dried white corn (or as my Granny Green called them Hominy Grits!)
- I totally just noticed that Polenta is used as a singular noun and grits as a plural noun. Makes no difference but things that make you go hmmmm
- Polenta is a staple in Italian culture / Grits are from the south y’all!
- Polenta is more coarse / Grits are more fine
- I only buy Polenta in a tube / Grits in instant packets…because I’m either lazy or just too dern busy
- Polenta comes in a tube – keep it IN THE TUBE for easier cutting. I use a serrated bread knife to cut the slices. ½” is 1 SP / a serving is 2 each ½” slices = 2SP. Put a plastic bag over the cut end before you put it in the fridge if you don’t use the whole thing. Lasts for several days
- Quaker Cheese Grits – get some! I find it only at Publix, Kroger and online. All of these flavors are 3 SP per packet. I failed to mention…if you visit a Waffle House and get your grits smothered and covered it will NOT be 3 SP hahahaha, just sayin
- Polenta French Toast – 2 SP (3 if you use an egg instead of egg whites), the complete recipe is here Polenta French Toast add heated berries!
- Four Cheese Grits – 5 SP
- 1 pkt Instant Cheese Grits
- 1 Tbsp Fat Free Ricotta (Trader Joes)
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (I use Braggs)
- 1 slice Original Velveeta
- 1 tsp Palmetto Cheese
- Seasoning to taste
- Add everything but cheese grits to a bowl. Add dry grits to the top and using your Kuerig add 4 ounces of hot water (or you can use your tea kettle or microwave some water). Use a spoon or fork to barely swirl around the grits in the water to make sure they all get wet. Let them sit for just a minute to thicken and then mix all together, enjoy!
- Basil Feta Balsamic Polenta – 1 to 2 SP depending on how much Polenta you use
- 1 slice Polenta approx. ½” thick
- 1 Tbsp Fat Free Feta (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Non stick spray
- Spray both sides of the polenta with non stick spray and the basket for your air fryer (if you don’t have an air fryer you can use a skillet). Cook on 400 for 20 minutes. Remove and add feta, balsamic and fresh basil
- One Dish Breakfast Bowl – 4 SP
- ¼ cup egg whites into bowl and cook in microwave on high for 30 seconds
- Lightly chop the egg and then add
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Kirkland Crumbled Bacon (Costco)
- Arugula or spinach
- Then add the dry grits to the top, 4 oz of Kuerig water like last time or add boiling water from tea pot or microwave
- Wait a minute to let it thicken and then stir all together and add seasoning to taste
- Polenta Chips & Dip – 3 SP
- 4 slices Polenta approx. ¼” thick
- Non stick olive oil spray
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- Seasoning to taste
- Dip: blend ¼ cup fat free sour cream (Trader Joe’s) + 1 tsp Inglehoffer horseradish + seasoning to taste
- Spray both sides of the polenta (sprinkle with Braggs & seasoning) and the bottom of the air fryer insert. Cook on 400 degrees for 18 minutes (check at about 14)
- Serve with the dip and a couple of peel and eat shrimp!
- Shrimp & Grits Breakfast Bowl – 4 SP, the complete recipe is here!
- Additional Resources: whether you are doing WW Online, attending meetings, or just gleaning what you can from us you have resources! Use the recipes and meal ideas in your weekly from the meeting. Search hashtags like #weightwatchers on social media to get some great ideas. If you are using ETools you can scan, track, keep up with favorite foods and ideas. Or if you like pen and paper grab a paper track every week. My daughter Kc likes to journal and they are so much fun with pretty markers and *squeal* stickers! Resources from moi:
- I use index cards to keep a written record that I can touch, see, carry with me and then sort by Smart Points Value. If it’s a real I post it in a printable version on the blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com I can also sort these and know what my points are going to be for the day. Bu-bam…7 sets of cards = 7 days = you guessed it…home base for me
- If You Have an Egg Social Media for FREE and sharable food, meal and recipe ideas!
- Blog:ifyouhaveanegg.com and go to “click here for more great recipes” to see categories grouped by Smart Points
- Pinterest (my SP ideas grouped by points per board!): pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg
- Instagram: @ifyouhaveanegg
- Facebook Page(open to the public): https://www.facebook.com/ifyouhaveanegg/
- Facebook Closed Support Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/113471572340708/
- Facebook Closed Meatless Meals Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/487742901407108/
- My App: available for Apple and Android in your app store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG (if you are on an iPad you have to search by iPhone only even though you are on an iPad…no reason why). The app has Shopping Guides divided by store (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Costco, etc) and then by Smart Points. Only have 3 Smart Points and you’re in the middle of the Cookie Butter aisle at Trader Joe’s? No problem, open up the App, touch Trader Joe’s and the scroll to 3 Smart Points…tada! App categories include:
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
- Trader Joes
- Sams (coming soon!)
- Whole Foods
- National Brands (Kroger, Meier, Ingles, Dollar Tree, Target, etc)
- Halloween Candy
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Convenience Stores (coming soon!)
- Eating Out (work in progress)
- My Top Pantry Picks (Top 5, Top 25, Top 100!)
- Easy Meal Ideas with Smart Points
- New Recipes with Smart Points
- YouTube chats, recipes and ideas on the Go!
- Direct Link to the blog so you can check more recipes On The Go!
****Don’t forget…if you want to see more helpful Live Chats and easy WW Recipe videos be sure to Like, Share, Subscribe and Comment!****
Thank you again, this is my happy relaxing time with you guys each week. To find more information, see the other chats or get my FREE recipes and meal ideas remember to visit me:
*On Facebook on the If You Have an Egg Page or in my group
*My blog: www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*On my app: available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*Pinterest: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*YouTube: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
See you next week J