Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat: Spice it up with Weight Watchers with Smart Points! Weight loss efforts getting a little bland? Need some spice in your life to perk things up a bit? Join us tonight for the latest Sunday Night Live Facebook chat with all my favorite zero point spices! I’ll show you mine, can’t wait to chat and find out about yours! Well now sit back and relax while you watch, everything is typed up here for you to print, share and most importantly USE!
- Thanks for watching and please remember to Like, Share, Comment and especially Subscribe so I can do more helpful Weight Watchers videos! These are the transcriptions from tonight’s chat about my Nutritional Yeast! with Smart Points listed. As always these are available on Facebook, YouTube and on my blog ifyouhaveanegg.com
- First things first, these are LIVE video chats when they are recorded so yes, I talk to people when they ask questions!
- Please remember to Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube so I can keep making more of these Chats and easy recipe videos!
- Remember, my other chats are available on ifyouhaveanegg.com or on YouTube search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
- Thank you for all your ideas for future chats!!!
- Dusty is on the injured list and got benched this weekend…as a result I only got in 6,000 steps. But he’s on the mend!
- This week we are talking about spices and spicing it up with WW! So what is a spice anyway? According to Wikipedia:
A spice is a seed, fruit, root, bark, or other plant substance primarily used for flavoring, coloring or preserving food. Spices are distinguished from herbs, which are the leaves, flowers, or stems from plants used for flavoring or as a garnish. Wikipedia
- Why are we talking about Weggos? If you are new to Weggos you have to join our Team! Check out these Weggo instructional chats and recipes:
**Weggo Facebook Chat here
**BLT Weggo…delicious and found here!
Transcribing chats is sooo hard 🙂
- What spices do I have in my pantry (ok they’re on a lazy susan shoosh)?
- Spice World squeeze Ginger
- Dean Jacob’s Fresh Grind Bread Dipping Seasoning (I buy mine at All Sauced Up in Gatlinburg but you can order online) – literally good on EVERYTHING
- Dean Jacob’s Tuscany Blend, Sicilian Blend, Rosa Maria, Parmesan Blend
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Bragg Sprinkle 24 Herbs & Spices (good on eggs or baked potatoes!)
- Tajin – Mexican spice that is awesome on fruit! I found this at Aldi
- Trader Joe’s 21 Salute Seasoning – a little salty to me but good on meat. Felicia says it’s good on green beans!
- Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning – really good on chicken
- Dak’s Seasonings are new to me and I’m in <3!! No salt, made in Alabama by the cutest couple, hope I get a chance to meet them some day. Use their coupon code at daksspices.com and mention you found them watching The Egg Lady for 10% off your next order! Coupon code for 2017 is MARANDADAKS
- Dak’s Lemon Pepper – chicken!!
- Dak’s Original Red – Casey says it tastes like the All Dressed Chips. Sooooo yummy on my That Man’s Chicken recipe found here and on steak…yummm
- Dak’s Taco Knight – you had me at Tacos! Keep watching…recipe using this one coming up
- Dak’s Super Greek – yum to the ooooh on eggs!
- Dak’s Green Zest – on hardboiled eggs with bacon, yes pleaes
- Dak’s Everything But the Bagel – no salt!
- Dak’s Blackened – wait until you see what I made with this one…coming up!
- Add spices to already prepared meals like the Trader Joe’s Shrimp Tacos for a little razzle dazzle in a frozen meal. I added Green Zest to one, Super Greek to another and on the third one I used Trader Joe’s Sriracha Ranch Dressing…whoa mama
- Popcorn Karan introduced me to frozen Carrot Spirals. Tonight I used the Honey Ginger Carrot Recipe found here and divided in half for 1 SP each serving
- I use the Tajin on citrus fruit, lots of you said watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, apples, grapes, popcorn! Angie says with grilled carrots and a little olive oil
- Cinnamon on sweet potatoes…duh Kelly! I don’t know why I forget about that. Prepare a sweet potato as normal, open up and add a little spray butter, ground cinnamon, and a little Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend and wowzers. SP for whatever size potato you prepared. The question came up about cinnamon and points…apparently when you add 3 tsp or more it is 1 SP. Even if you are up to 3 tsp it’s only 18 calories sooooo…. Tedders said add some Fluff, you don’t have to tell me twice I’m on it!
- Side note…we do have a chat with Fluff, visit the WW Easy Dessert Chat here or check out my Fluffer Nutter Bites found here!
- Baked Potatoes with spices rule! Prepare as normal, cut in half and add 1 oz Trader Joe’s Light Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for 1 SP, 1 Tbsp TJ Fat Free Sour Cream 0 SP, Bragg 24 Herbs Seasoning 0SP, however many points for the size potato you chose. Also really good with the Dak’s Green Zest or Super Greek. And don’t forget to add some Nutritional Yeast!
- Last week we made Italian Mushroom Caps, this week Taco-shroom Sunday!!
- 4 Portabella Mushroom Caps (remove stem)
- 2 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Meatless Crumbles
- Dak’s Taco Knight seasoning to taste
- 1 oz Trader Joe’s Light Shredded Mozzarella
- Stuff the mushrooms with the crumbles mixed with Taco Knight, top with the shredded cheese, I cooked in the Air Fryer on 320 degrees for 10 minutes = 2 SP for all four!
- Air Fryer Steaks 360 degrees for 6-8 minutes depending on how well done you like your steak buh-bam! I used tips for tonight so I could try 4 different kinds: Trader Joe’s 21 Salute, Dak’s Original Red, Dak’s Blackened, Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning. We voted Dak’s Original Red & 21 Salute the tops! For more Air Fryer steak tips visit
- Ciabatta Bread from Trader Joe’s! Public Service Announcement…check your ciabatta! A 57 gram Ciabatta roll is 3 SP. My TJ only does 75 gram Ciabatta now and they are 5 SP. Slice, turn on their side, spray with non stick olive oil spray, and add Dean Jacob’s fresh grind Italian Bread Dipping Seasoning. Bake just a few minutes on 350, I promise, promise, pinky promise, you will not be disappointed
- Shrimp Three Ways! I promise I will post in detail recipe but….
- Frozen shrimp + kale + nutritional yeast + Dak’s Lemon Pepper
- Frozen shrimp + diced tomatoes + Dak’s Original Red (we used the extra and made some more ciabatta…kapow Bruschetta!)
- Frozen shrimp + Trader Joes Cabbage Blend + Dak’s Blackened
- WINNER!!! While all three were good John and I both voted Dak’s Blackened seasoning and will definitely be repeating this often!
Where else can you find The Egg?
- YouTube – you can go to the chats always on YouTube! The cover photo for YouTube looks just like the Page because it is also public. You can search IFYOUHAVEANEGG and it should pull up all the WW If You Have an Egg Chats and the first one should be the Playlist of all the videos to date. If you click on Playlist you can watch them all in order and binge watch The Egg hahaha. If you have a YouTube account you can subscribe, make your own playlists, etc. If you are watching as a guest you can still watch all you want, you just can’t like, share, comment and save on a playlist. I really really appreciate when you Like, Share, Comment and Subscribe!!
- The Blog – ifyouhaveanegg.com this is where I journal all my recipes, the chats, the transcripts for the chats, details of new things, etc. It always has the three most current at the top. There is a Click Here for More New Recipes and you can search by category. If there are links to other recipes from within the post it will take you straight there. My Story is found here! http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?page_id=9 I have been a WW for 24+ years and got to goal in 2014, Lifetime for going on three years and counting! If you scroll over the pictures you can save these recipes and meal ideas to your Yummly Box, Pinterest, Twitter, you can Print, share on Facebook, etc
- Pinterest! Oh my gosh if you’re not using this as a resource tool you have to start! You can sort your ideas by points values, meals, shopping guide items, recipes and more! My boards are dividing by Smart Point values so go to pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg to find out more and to grab my pins!
- Instagram find me at @ifyouhaveanegg
- WW Connect find me at @scrapnstamp or #ifyouhaveanegg
- Last but not least, my App! Yes I do charge for the app. I have invested over $1,500 in development and there are monthly fees not to mention the time to keep it all updated. But the $2.99 is ONE TIME. You get all the Egg benefits for on low price and never pay again. Available for Android and Apple. If you are on an iPad though you have to switch it to “iPhone only” for some bizarre reason. You only buy once on Apple for both devices. Use the three lines in the upper left corner to bring down the menu to find the chats on YouTube, New Recipes, 7 Day Meal Plans, Shopping Guides (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Whole Foods, National Brands, Girl Scout Cookies, Halloween Candy, Costco)
- Additional Resources: whether you are doing WW Online, attending meetings, or just gleaning what you can from us you have resources! Use the recipes and meal ideas in your weekly from the meeting. Search hashtags like #weightwatchers on social media to get some great ideas. If you are using ETools you can scan, track, keep up with favorite foods and ideas. Or if you like pen and paper grab a paper track every week. My daughter Kc likes to journal and they are so much fun with pretty markers and *squeal* stickers! Resources from moi:
- I use index cards to keep a written record that I can touch, see, carry with me and then sort by Smart Points Value. If it’s a real I post it in a printable version on the blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com I can also sort these and know what my points are going to be for the day. Bu-bam…7 sets of cards = 7 days = you guessed it…home base for me
- If You Have an Egg Social Media for FREE and sharable food, meal and recipe ideas!
- Blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com and go to “click here for more great recipes” to see categories grouped by Smart Points
- Pinterest (my SP ideas grouped by points per board!): pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg
- Instagram: @ifyouhaveanegg
- Facebook Page(open to the public): https://www.facebook.com/ifyouhaveanegg/
- Facebook Closed Support Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/113471572340708/
- Facebook Closed Meatless Meals Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/487742901407108/
- My App: available for Apple and Android in your app store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG (if you are on an iPad you have to search by iPhone only even though you are on an iPad…no reason why). The app has Shopping Guides divided by store (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Costco, etc) and then by Smart Points. Only have 3 Smart Points and you’re in the middle of the Cookie Butter aisle at Trader Joe’s? No problem, open up the App, touch Trader Joe’s and the scroll to 3 Smart Points…tada! App categories include:
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
- Trader Joes
- Sams (coming soon!)
- Whole Foods
- National Brands (Kroger, Meier, Ingles, Dollar Tree, Target, etc)
- Halloween Candy
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Convenience Stores (coming soon!)
- Eating Out (work in progress)
- My Top Pantry Picks (Top 5, Top 25, Top 100!)
- Easy Meal Ideas with Smart Points
- New Recipes with Smart Points
- YouTube chats, recipes and ideas on the Go!
- Direct Link to the blog so you can check more recipes On The Go!
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
****Don’t forget…if you want to see more helpful Live Chats and easy WW Recipe videos be sure to Like, Share, Subscribe and Comment!****
Thank you again, this is my happy relaxing time with you guys each week. To find more information, see the other chats or get my FREE recipes and meal ideas remember to visit me:
*On Facebook on the If You Have an Egg Page or in my group
*My blog: www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*On my app: available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*Pinterest: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*YouTube: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
See you next week J