Chocolate Pudding Tofu: 1 WW Freestyle Smart Point (4 servings)
For all you scaredy cat tofu haters…here you go. Something chocolate. I promise you won’t die. You won’t turn into a hippie. You don’t even have to stop shaving your legs if you decide you like it. It’s ok, normal people eat tofu too.
If you happen to be reading this and you are vegan, congrats! That is the lifestyle my mom chose when health issues couldn’t be resolved with modern medicine. Not every cure all comes in a pill. Just a note of warning…Jell-O pudding is vegan but does not set well without cow’s milk. That is why this recipe is a must on your list. The silken tofu makes Jell-O pudding again. Creamy. Smooth. No clumps. It will actually “set”. Can you hear the vegan angels singing?
For you non-vegans, it’s also gluten free, no animal products, dairy and egg free. Enjoy.
- 1 lb Nasoya Silken Tofu (or similar)
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Truvia sweetener
- 1 Tbsp Ghiraradelli 100% Unsweetened Premium Baking Cocoa (or similar)
- ½ package (approx. 4 Tbsp) Jell-O Cook & Serve Reduced Calorie Sugar & Fat Free Chocolate powder
- Optional: add 1 Tbsp Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup for Caramel Chocolate Pudding = 0 SP
- Optional: add 1 Tbsp Café Bustelo Instant Espresso powder (or similar) = 0 SP
- Optional: add frozen no sugar added cherries or berries and freeze for 30 minutes = 0 SP
- Optional: add 1 Tbsp lite whip = 0 SP
- Puree together until smooth. Pour into containers and refrigerate or eat right away (both ways are good!).
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.