Vegetarian Taco Soup: 1 WW Freestyle Smart Point
Yield 12 Cups
It's no secret I'm pumped about our change to Freestyle. Beans. Corn. Tofu. I'm in heaven.
[caption id="attachment_2546" align="alignleft" width="413"] Vegetarian Taco Soup: only 1 WW Smart Point![/caption]
This is a recipe I've made for years but saved for special occassions. It was 6 SP and by the time I kept adding things to it more like 8, 9 even 10 SP. But with Freestyle....oh my Freestyle...it's a yummy lovely 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Point. So I can add away. And some days that means enjoying it with a peanut butter sandwich. With real peanut butter!
Freezes well, great party food, low points so add to some nachos!
Vegetarian / Meatless
- 2 cans (10 oz cans) Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies including juice
- 2 cups lima beans (I use frozen)
- 2 packets Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 16 oz can black beans rinsed
- 16 oz can pinto beans rinsed
- 1 bag frozen Beyond Meat: Beyond Beef Crumbles
- Taco seasoning to taste (I use Dak's Spices Taco Knight)
- 3 cans water (use the empty Rotel cans to measure)
- Dump all ingredients into crockpot
- Stir gently
- Cook on low 6-8 hours
- Stir and serve immediately
- Add 1 Tbsp non fat plain greek yogurt for 0 SP
- Add 1/8 cup Trader Joe's Light Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or similar) for 1 SP
Freezes well. Let completely cool before dividing into servings and freezing.
Courses Main Meal
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carbohydrates 33.6 g
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 13.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.