April 9, 2017 Facebook Live Chat: Let’s Talk about Costco!
On tonight’s chat we talked about Weight Watchers friendly finds at Costco. As always the video is transcribed in part here, on YouTube (search IFYOUHAVEANEGG), and on my blog at www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
This is no way shape or form everything I buy from Costco…did I mention that Costco is like Organic Nirvana? Please enjoy and share this partial list, but my full list is on the If You Have an Egg App (search IFYOUHAVEANEGG in your app store) and listed individually on Pinterest (search IFYOUHAVEANEGG)
- Mucci English Cucumbers – seedless and work great in the Spiralizer!
- Bananas, apples, lots of fresh produce!
- Big as your head blackberries! (sorry for the firetruck, part of the joys of living in a loft)
- Blueberries, wash them in the container with cold water and fruit wash. Drain and stick straight in the freezer still in the container. Then grab as you need them!
- Grapes – green, red and black…consistently the best grapes. Wash them in the container with the fruit wash. Eat what you can and freeze the rest. Really good with sugar free Jell-O frozen!
- To join our Weight Watchers If You Have an Egg Facebook Group go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/113471572340708/
or the Meatless Meals version can be found at:
- Skinny Pop 100 Calorie Bags, 3 Smart Points per bag
- Boom Chick-A-Pop, 3 or 4 Smart Points per bag depending on flavor
- Kirkland Protein Bars, 5 Smart Points (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Chocolate Brownie) – 21 g of protein
- Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice, 1 cup = 7 Smart Points. Absolutely delicious in the stuffed peppers (recipe coming soon), with the West End Chicken Skewers & Tzatziki, or with steamed veggies
- Kirkland Skipjack Tuna, ¼ cup = 0 but the entire can is only 1 Smart Point! Dr Oz says Skip Jack is better because it has less Mercury
- Whisps Parmesan Cheese Crisps, 15 whisps = 3 Smart Points. Great for a snack, but amazing in tomato soup!
- The Costco tomato soup is Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper
- The only crumbled bacon I eat….Kirkland Bacon Crumbles, 1 Tbsp = 1 Smart Point. Use them in eggs, salads, on Weggos http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=1802 or in Egg Mugs (recipes are on my blog ifyouhaveanegg.com)
- My preferred marinara from Costco is Vittoria but my Costco is out L Paesana Tomato & Basil is a good backup, ½ cup = 1 Smart Point
- That Pickle Guy Muffatala IS THE BOMB! Definitely measure, drain before you add to anything. 1 Tbsp = 1 Smart Point
- Better Than Bouillon, 1 tsp = 0 Smart Points
- Famous Dave’s Signature Spicy Pickle Chips, 1 oz = 1 Smart Point….spicy!!
- Kodiak Cakes ginormous box (3 individual pouches), ½ cup = 5 Smart Points. Here is the recipe I mentioned that also includes the bacon crumbles http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=1647
- Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame Spaghetti, 2 oz dry = 4 Smart Points plus they have 25 grams of protein for you vegetarians and vegans!
- Lotus Foods Rice Ramen, ½ block = 4 Smart Points. Add 1 tsp of the Better Than Bouillon and some heated up frozen veggies!
- Rustic Crust Old World Flatbread Pizza Kits, 1/5 crust no sauce = 3 SP. If you add the tomato sauce 1/5 crust = 5 SP. REALLY good with the Muffalata instead!
- Palmetto Cheese (Jalapeno or Plain), 2 Tbsp = 5 Smart Points. Use this in my Spicy Palmetto Deviled Eggs http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=1566
- Hannah’s Organic Tzatziki Greek Yogurt Dip, 2 Tbsp = 2 Smart Points. Absolutely the best, hand down, no questions. Great on cucumbers, amazing on chicken, in the quinoa & brown rice
- Aidells Chicken Meatballs Teriyaki & Pineapple, 4 meatballs = 6 Smart Points. These are soooo good in the Air Fryer! 6-8 minutes on 360 degrees. Add to Ginger Pineapple Slaw (recipe coming soon) or top with my Pineapple Salsa http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=1052
- Good Foods Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad, ½ cup (one container) = 5 Smart Points. A great way to keep from going overboard on prepared salads. Take a big bowl of salad greens, cucumbers, grapes, chopped apples and top with one for 5 Smart Points…very satisfying!
- Asian Cashew Chopped Salad, 1 cup = 7 Smart Points. Great fast meal add the West End Chicken Skewers!
- Sweet Kale Salad Mix, 1 cup = 6 Smart Points. Delicious even for non kale eaters!
- West End Chicken Skewers, 2 skewers = 3 Smart Points. Must have…these are always in my freezer. I always buy two and we eat one, put the other in the freezer for later. NEVER ever run out! Great addition to any of the salad mixes, with the Tzatziki or in the quinoa
- Brazi Bites Brazilian Cheese Bread, 3 bites = 4 Smart Points. Make as many or as few as you need! Directions say 400 degrees for 20 minutes, came out better at 18 minutes
- Meal idea: Spiralize ½ one Mucci English Cucumber, add some spring mix, add 2 Tbsp Hannah’s Tzatziki, add 1 Tbsp Muffalata, and one skewer West End Chicken Skewer for 4-5 Smart Points
- Recipe idea: Stuffed peppers…recipe coming soon!
Thank you again for your continued support and I can’t wait until next Sunday!