Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat: Weight Watchers Week 1 Plan! Whether it’s your first day, your first week or your 24th year on Weight Watchers everyone needs a Week 1 Game Plan, home base, safe place. Hopefully this will help you make that safe place you can return to if you fall off the wagon…and especially if you fell off, flipped it over, then set it on fire. Don’t worry, we can get you back in the wagon and even give you a safety belt.
These are the transcriptions from tonight’s chat about my WW Week One Plan with Smart Points listed. As always these are available on Facebook, YouTube and on my blog www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
- First things first, these are LIVE video chats when they are recorded so yes, I talk to people when they ask questions!
- Please remember to Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube so I can keep making more of these Chats and easy recipe videos!
- Thank you for the hApPy 50th bIrThDaY wishes! *~*~*~*~
- I’ve been doing Weight Watchers for 24 years and I still need a week one to fall back on too…nobody is perfect, did you see all those hearts?? Those hearts were ladies who’ve been around the block a time or two and we are right here with you <3
- If this is your first day on Weight Watchers this chat is for you. If you’ve made it through your first week, we’re here for you! And guess what? If you’ve been successfully weight watchering for 24 years…this is still for you! We all need a starting point. A reboot. We all need a home base. These are my ideas for your week 1, my week 1 and all those times when you just need a week 1. Get it? Got it? Good!
- If you attend meetings we are working on a new charm…attend 11 meetings this summer and get the sunglasses charm!
- Start Your Day! That sounds so cliché and I hate even saying it BUT all those old women before us knew what they were talking about…you have to start your day. I never used to eat breakfast before and thought that skipping meals were the way to quick losses. Sure, I could lose 20 pounds pdquick but then I’d get bored, hungry and some days just darn mad. Now I start my day EVERY DAY to keep myself out of the snack box, Little Debbie drawer or spiraling into a session of refrigerator roulette
- Carol commented during the chat #weggosrule and she is so right! Once you are ready to graduate to easy recipes you have to check them out: Weggos Live Chat with Smart Points!
- Protein – make sure you get enough! If you are vegan or vegetarian I am not saying you don’t get enough protein, or if you are meat eater that you are…there are lots of way to get it. Protein keeps your tummy full and lean protein or vegetable/legume proteins help you build muscles for those Fit Points!
- Water – sorry, you have to drink it. You are going to be adding a lot of fiber and making some major changes to your body and let’s just say it’s going to need some clean liquids to help that all move along. I’ll just let you use your imagination. Dehydration can make your body do weird things too. Plus all those extra trips to the potty earns Fit Points hahaha. If you need some ideas on how to get in extra water watch our Summer Survival Chat or find my Cucumber Water Recipe and add some mint..yumm!
- FitPoints – I hear people say all the time “how do we get FitPoints”…you don’t “get” FitPoints you EARN them. Please don’t eat them! You can never outrun what you put in your mouth so I am a firm believer you need to use FitPoints to get lean, burn more calories, fit into smaller clothes and you will need them when you reach goal and begin maintenance. I highly suggest you earn some though…even if you can only march around your living room for 10 minutes, do it.
- Facebook Page & Facebook Closed Group: we do the Live Chats here on the Page. The closed group is by invitation only and I will ask you to answer some questions before I let you in. This is a safe place to discuss and ask questions we don’t want to talk about in public. Answer your questions and ask to join at If You Have an Egg…A Weight Watchers Support Group
- Treats vs Snacks: I eat snacks every day. A treat is just that, a treat. And if you pay attention you can have some snacks that are a real treat!
- Bulk Up: I bulk up everything I eat. If I have a snack bar I add a banana or some other fruit. You can use this to sneak in some vegetables. Add some fruit. I promise you aren’t going to starve but if you don’t bulk it up you will think you are. My husband has blossomed since he started bulking up…he’s lost 10 pounds!
- Real Plates: you are an adult. A human adult. We don’t eat while squatting at the watering hole waiting to see what predator is going to grab us. I used to shop the pantry, grab something from the fridge, walk around with a paper plate oblivious to how much you just ate. Now I have a designated spot on my bar stool with a REAL plate, a real glass and *gasp* real utensils. Trust me, even if you only sit down for 5 minutes you will enjoy your food so much more, eat much more slowly and recognize when you are full faster if you are eating from real plates
- Resources: whether you are doing WW Online, attending meetings, or just gleaning what you can from us you have resources! Use the recipes and meal ideas in your weekly from the meeting. Search hashtags like #weightwatchers on social media to get some great ideas. If you are using ETools you can scan, track, keep up with favorite foods and ideas. Or if you like pen and paper grab a paper track every week. My daughter Kc likes to journal and they are so much fun with pretty markers and *squeal* stickers! Resources from moi:
- I use index cards to keep a written record that I can touch, see, carry with me and then sort by Smart Points Value. If it’s a real I post it in a printable version on the blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com I can also sort these and know what my points are going to be for the day. Bu-bam…7 sets of cards = 7 days = you guessed it…home base for me
- If You Have an Egg Social Media for FREE and sharable food, meal and recipe ideas!
- Blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com and go to “click here for more great recipes” to see categories grouped by Smart Points
- Pinterest (my SP ideas grouped by points per board!): pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg
- Instagram: @ifyouhaveanegg
- Facebook Page(open to the public): https://www.facebook.com/ifyouhaveanegg/
- Facebook Closed Support Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/113471572340708/
- Facebook Closed Meatless Meals Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/487742901407108/
- My App: available for Apple and Android in your app store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG (if you are on an iPad you have to search by iPhone only even though you are on an iPad…no reason why). The app has Shopping Guides divided by store (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Costco, etc) and then by Smart Points. Only have 3 Smart Points and you’re in the middle of the Cookie Butter aisle at Trader Joe’s? No problem, open up the App, touch Trader Joe’s and the scroll to 3 Smart Points…tada! App categories include:
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
- Trader Joes
- Sams (coming soon!)
- Whole Foods
- National Brands (Kroger, Meier, Ingles, Dollar Tree, Target, etc)
- Halloween Candy
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Convenience Stores (coming soon!)
- Eating Out (work in progress)
- My Top Pantry Picks (Top 5, Top 25, Top 100!)
- Easy Meal Ideas with Smart Points
- New Recipes with Smart Points
- YouTube chats, recipes and ideas on the Go!
- Direct Link to the blog so you can check more recipes On The Go!
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
- *~*~*~*~*Tomorrow is my 50th birthday*~*~*~*~
- Simple solutions to keep on hand for family members who think you have lost your mind and are going to let them starve….pshhhh pu-leeze
- Josephs Pitas – 1 SP for pizzas for hungry kids and husbands
- Bagel Thins or Sandwich Thins – 3 SP for sandwiches on the go like volleyball /soccer games, pool side, these are sturdy in a cooler!
- Canned soup – most kids and husbands will grab a can of soup, they will never know they are participating
- Unsweetened Applesauce cups – kids love these! Moms on Weight Watchers love these!
- Individual bags of snacks like Skinny Pop
- Instant Cheese Grits – 3 SP and trust me…kids and husbands think you’ve quit your “diet”
- If you need some flavor in your coffee Torani has some great sugar free syrups
- BE CAREFUL….check everything….if it goes in your mouth you need to figure out at what points it becomes more than zero. One friend asked me to check her gummy vitamins…she was eating 3 SP of gummies a day x 7 days = 21 Weeklies. Whaaaaa?????? You could eat a piece of cheesecake for what she was accidentally spending in those cute little bears…INSANITY!
- The app does have a section for 7 day meal plans (work in progress) and I have plenty of those easy meal ideas you can add to note cards and do this yourself to build a day. Look at all this food you can get on just ONE 30 POINT DAY!
- 1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt + frozen blueberries + fresh strawberries + ½ on NuGo Slim bar (10 grams protein) = 4 Smart Points
- Lemon QuestBar (or other 4SP bar) + banana/clementine/unsweetened applesauce (some kind of fruit, remember the bulking it up?) = 4 Smart Points (this combo is great purse or backpack food!)
- Perfect lunch or after school or after pool snack! 1 Bagel Thin + 2 slices Velveeta Cheese + Nutritional Yeast (ask me later) + fresh grind garlic salt toasted + grapes or other fruit = 6 Smart Points
- Super quick snack! 2 Babybel (or 2 light string cheese) + apple = 3 Smart Points
- This was soooooo yummy! 1 cup Trader Joe’s Tomato Feta Soup (or similar) + 1 tsp fat free feta + 1 tsp nutritional yeast + 1 ounce cheese whisps + baby arugula + fresh strawberries + 1 Tbsp fat free feta + 2 Tbsp fat free balsamic = 9 Smart Points
- That’s a lot of food right? No one is starving and no zombie apocalypse. But guess what? I’m not done eating yet!
- My favorite before bed snack: 3 cups Dusted Dark Chocolate Skinny Pop + cuppa Hot Tea with Truvia or Splenda = 4 Smart Points
- Total for the day…..drumroll please……30 Smart Points!
For those of you thinking “what the heck was that nutritional yeast she kept talking about??” There is a chat for you: Nutritional Yeast Chat start at 10 minutes
****Don’t forget…if you want to see more helpful Live Chats and easy WW Recipe videos be sure to Like, Share, Subscribe and Comment!****
Thank you again, this is my happy relaxing time with you guys each week. To find more information, see the other chats or get my FREE recipes and meal ideas remember to visit me:
*On Facebook on the If You Have an Egg Page or in my group
*My blog: www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*On my app: available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*Pinterest: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*YouTube: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
See you next week J