We had so many questions about the Index Card Swap I decided we better do an entire chat about it!Weight Watchers Live Facebook Chat: WW Smart Point Index Card Swap! It’s hard enough to grocery shop, prepare food, make a healthy meal and not collapse before you have to start all over again for the next day. What if I told you, you can make an inexpensive, organized, and yes even fun, method of meal planning that is so simple…(shhhhh) even your husband can use it! And then what if I told you we were going to swap some of your favorite ideas with other weight watching ladies and gents from around the country? Even better!
Thanks for watching and please remember to Like, Share, Comment and especially Subscribe so I can do more helpful Weight Watchers videos!These are the transcriptions from tonight’s chat about my WW Index Card Organization! with Smart Points listed. As always these are available on Facebook, YouTube and on my blog www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
- First things first, these are LIVE video chats when they are recorded so yes, I talk to people when they ask questions!
- Please remember to Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube so I can keep making more of these Chats and easy recipe videos!
- Remember, my other chats are available on ifyouhaveanegg.com or on YouTube search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
- Thank you for all your ideas for future chats!!!
- Thank you for checking in on Allan after our first week on his 7 Day Meal Plan…his first week on Weight Watchers with Kelly was (drum roll please) a FIVE POUND LOSS! And we hadn’t even been to the grocery store yet! Thank you again for all your kind words and encouragement!
- I took Casey to my beloved Publix because they have the “buggy trolley”. If you ain’t from around here you’re probably thinking what is she talking about hahahaha. We spent two hours getting them some real food and got his 7 day meal plan under way. If you missed that chat you can watch it at: http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=2228
- If you need to revisit the Index Card Chat to see exactly how to make them and what I do with them that chat is at: http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=2194
- We got so many questions about the Index Card Swap I felt like we needed to chat again! PSA – I do not work for Weight Watchers, and am not being reimbursed by them for this. Please respect their copyrights and be mindful of using their logos and trademarked information
- Question: Can there just be a number at the top? Answer: If you will promise me that you have checked and double checked your totals then I will reluctantly say ok. I would prefer you list all the items with SP values so someone can take out any item they don’t want to include
- Question: What can I do starting off, I don’t have a lot of recipes? Answer: Good news…you only have to have ONE IDEA! You will get back 25 and then you’ll have LOTS of great ideas!
- Question: What is the name of your closed Facebook Group? Answer: This is a closed group so please answer all three questions or at least say “hi I watch your chats!” so I know you’re a real WW and not some creeper hahaha The group is If You Have an Egg…You Have Hope and the link is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/113471572340708/
- Colored pens…get some. I use a four color system which is also how the shopping items, meal ideas and recipes are divided on the If You Have an Egg app (available in the iTunes and Android store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG). I have felt tip pens with matching highlighters. My system is:
- I divide into those point ranges for quick math while I’m planning, and to make sure if I am planning a pink meal to watch the value for the others. You can also do stickers, colored index cards, shapes, whatever keeps it simple!
- Stickers…get some! How much more fun is boring meal planning if you add some stickers?
- I use 3 x 5 cards for my food and meal ideas with color coding. I am beginning to use 4 x 6 cards to print out and apply favorite recipes (like drizzlemeskinny.com or www.ifyouhaveanegg.com), add the shopping list to the back and color code it for my meal planning. Ba-boom!
- Question: How about you and Casey make them for us and let us order from you? Answer: I honestly have no idea how much to charge for that…ideas? Suggestions? How much would they be worth to you and I’ll see if we can make them and ship for that price?
- For each swap make 15 of one idea and include $5 and your return address to:
PO Box 10653
Knoxville, TN 37939 (I know I said 37919 in the chat. It’s the same post office but for some reason they call the post office boxes 39 instead of 19. Either way they should get there but if you haven’t mailed use 37939 to keep the sorting people happy!)
- Question: Where does the colored line go? If you are reading the card from Left to Right, the colored strip is on the right hand side/end of the card
- Question: Can we do a meal or a recipe? Answer: Yes, either one!
- Question: Where are these coming from? Answer: You tell me! I’m hoping for all 50 states and maybe a few countries…I will start a tally here and Kc and I may make a map!
***19 states and Canada represented so far!***
- Question: What is this for? Answer: As much as I’d love to think that everyone everywhere knows all about If You Have an Egg…sadly they just don’t! I’m in 6 different Fbook Groups, Instagram, WW Connect, etc and some people were confused and wanted to know what this was even for. Well it’s for US! We need support, yes WW we are Better Together, and I don’t know about you but I just thought it would be a fun way to meet other weight watchers and get some great ideas!
- Question: How many people are participating? Answer: I don’t know! What I can tell you is with the number signed up through this chat Casey and I have to make over 400 cards to send back eeeeeeekkk!
- Question: Can I do 2 swaps? Answer: Yep! But please do 15 each of the two, separate them in your envelope, send $10 because we are sorting, packing and sending back separately
- Question: Does it have to be a recipe? Answer: Nope! This can just be a simple meal idea. If you do want it to be a recipe please keep it simple
- Question: Where do I get supplies? Answer: Anywhere! Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Kroger, Target, Big Lots, etc all have them and school supplies are out and going on sale now!
- Question: How long will this take me? Answer: This is the only complaint so far. If you don’t doo-dad them you can probably do 15 cards in 15 minutes. If you do fancy scribbling and writing more but… J. How fun would it be to get some gals together either at your meeting or for coffee: someone bring cards, someone bring highlighters, someone bring stickers and you can have a little index card swap party??
- Question: What if I’m not doing Smart Points? Answer: I need you to use Smart Points for this swap. This is going to be hard to sort so I can’t mix programs. If you’re not doing SP I don’t mind to calculate them for you or I promise if you are in our closed group and post the card and ask for help they will help you
- Question: What if I’m not on Weight Watchers? Answer: Welcome! You can still do this…again show us your card and we will help you calculate. When you get your cards back a good rule of thumb is 30 Smart Points per day as a base line
- Question: What is the deadline? Answer: Let’s make this first deadline the end of August so I can decide whether or not I’ve lost my mind hahaha
- Question: What if I’m not in the US? Answer: PM me!
- Question: What if I’m Vegetarian / Vegan? We can talk about a meatless meal swap later but for now I can’t sort through all of the cards and evaluate them so sowwy. If you asked for more information about that group it is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/487742901407108/
- Question: Why $5? Answer: In case you hadn’t already gathered this…Kc has to make in excess of 400 cards (we are making TEN PER PERSON!) plus sorting, plus packaging, plus padded envelope, plus postage so yeah…
- Question: How do I make a card? Answer: Be sure and watch the original chat here! http://www.ifyouhaveanegg.com/?p=2194
- Question: What if it’s not my original idea? Answer: Since these are not mass produced for sale I think you are ok…but please give them credit!
- Question: What if I’m not “crafty”? Answer: You don’t have to be! Your handwriting is special, I want to see YOU! And if you can peel and stick a sticker that would be sweet too!
- Question: What if you the same idea from a few different people? Answer: There are so many people signed up already I think those chances are pretty darn slim
- Question: Do I make all 15 the same? Answer: Yep!
- Question: Will all the cards have the same color on the end? Answer: yes, all of your cards will have the same color because they are the same card. But you will get back all different colors!
- Question: What do I get back? Answer: you make 15….but you get back 25 CARDS, pretty packaging and in a padded envelope
- Question: Can we use colored cards? Answer: as long as they follow my color coding system yes you can!
- Question: Will you let me know when you get my cards? Answer: Yep! As I receive your cards I will post on the If You Have an Egg Facebook Page by your First name and City/State but I can’t tag you…so you will have to just keep checking back! I will do the same when your cards head out the door <3
- Question: What is the color coding system? Answer: see the original chat please or above ^^^^^
- Question: Why are you doing this? Answer: I love you guys and I love Weight Watchers! And don’t you think life is easier if you can add some friends, stickers and maybe a little glitter? I’m pretty excited and pumped….this is going to be so much FUN!!
- Where do you keep your index cards?
- When I travel and keep everything in my backpack I use the very sturdy container that my Fitbit Alta came in. It even has a magnet to keep it closed. I keep a few of my On The Go notecards, a pack of gum, lip stuff (inside joke), and a hair thingy
- Cute containers with straps, snaps, clips to keep them from coming out. Pick these up inexpensively at Dollar Tree, Target, Wally World, etc)
- The blogs and recipes I mentioned are:
- To make a card:
- Color code the card – I use the highlighter across the end
- Write down the food or meal idea with Smart Points and total them up
- Add fun stickers…stay motivated!
- To plan a day (it’s like the old Deal A Meal!):
- Find the index cards for the meals you want to include in your day
- Use your color coding system to help you plan
- Put them somewhere where a: you will use them; b: looks fun; c: you can get to them easily and quickly!
- Use fun holders, labeled clothes pins, clips, etc to pull together your 30 Smart Points worth of cards…make it fun!!
- If you want a set of our personalized notecards we are considering making some for sale to support Baby Bohanan….give me a shout out if you think you may be interested! <3
- Additional Resources: whether you are doing WW Online, attending meetings, or just gleaning what you can from us you have resources! Use the recipes and meal ideas in your weekly from the meeting. Search hashtags like #weightwatchers on social media to get some great ideas. If you are using ETools you can scan, track, keep up with favorite foods and ideas. Or if you like pen and paper grab a paper track every week. My daughter Kc likes to journal and they are so much fun with pretty markers and *squeal* stickers! Resources from moi:
- I use index cards to keep a written record that I can touch, see, carry with me and then sort by Smart Points Value. If it’s a real I post it in a printable version on the blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com I can also sort these and know what my points are going to be for the day. Bu-bam…7 sets of cards = 7 days = you guessed it…home base for me
- If You Have an Egg Social Media for FREE and sharable food, meal and recipe ideas!
- Blog: ifyouhaveanegg.com and go to “click here for more great recipes” to see categories grouped by Smart Points
- Pinterest (my SP ideas grouped by points per board!): pinterest.com/ifyouhaveanegg
- Instagram: @ifyouhaveanegg
- Facebook Page(open to the public): https://www.facebook.com/ifyouhaveanegg/
- Facebook Closed Support Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/113471572340708/
- Facebook Closed Meatless Meals Group (closed group, only viewable by members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/487742901407108/
- My App: available for Apple and Android in your app store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG (if you are on an iPad you have to search by iPhone only even though you are on an iPad…no reason why). The app has Shopping Guides divided by store (Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Costco, etc) and then by Smart Points. Only have 3 Smart Points and you’re in the middle of the Cookie Butter aisle at Trader Joe’s? No problem, open up the App, touch Trader Joe’s and the scroll to 3 Smart Points…tada! App categories include:
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
- Trader Joes
- Sams (coming soon!)
- Whole Foods
- National Brands (Kroger, Meier, Ingles, Dollar Tree, Target, etc)
- Halloween Candy
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Convenience Stores (coming soon!)
- Eating Out (work in progress)
- My Top Pantry Picks (Top 5, Top 25, Top 100!)
- Easy Meal Ideas with Smart Points
- New Recipes with Smart Points
- YouTube chats, recipes and ideas on the Go!
- Direct Link to the blog so you can check more recipes On The Go!
- Shopping Guides with Smart Points (and most have complete nutritional information listed)
****Don’t forget…if you want to see more helpful Live Chats and easy WW Recipe videos be sure to Like, Share, Subscribe and Comment!****
Thank you again, this is my happy relaxing time with you guys each week. To find more information, see the other chats or get my FREE recipes and meal ideas remember to visit me:
*On Facebook on the If You Have an Egg Page or in my group
*My blog: www.ifyouhaveanegg.com
*On my app: available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play Store search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*Pinterest: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
*YouTube: search IFYOUHAVEANEGG
For more Easy Meal Ideas On The Go use my If You Have an Egg App!
See you next week J