Y’all know I love my grits. Especially Cheese Grits. Us girls in the south gotta eat you know. But Bacon? And one bowl? Forget the arches, I can get my Bacon, Egg & Cheese….plus Grits….in less than 5 minutes at home!
This is really so easy I’m almost embarrassed to tell you. But I also know most of you are short on time, running on empty, and just need a warm start to the day without a lot of dishes. So really if you think about it this is my civic duty. My obligation. You need this recipe.
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Grits: 4!Weight Watchers Smart Points
- 1 pkt Quaker Cheese Grits
- 1 Tbsp Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 Tbsp Kirkland Crumbled Bacon (or similar)
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 4 oz hot water
- Seasoning to taste (I use Dak’s Red Mountain Rub, it’s amazing on Bacon! www.daksspices.com)
- Optional extra cheesiness 1 slice original Velveeta, add 1 Smart Point
Spray a small microwave safe bowl with non stick spray and add all ingredients except grits and water. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir and fluff with a fork. Microwave another minute. Fluff. Add dry grits to top and then hot water. I use my Keurig to add the water. Gently stir the grits with the water until they are moist and then allow to sit for 2 minutes. Stir and fluff all with a fork and enjoy while hot!